Recently, the MBUFA Board of Directors voted to postpone the scheduled June 11 National Conference given the serious situation facing the nation and the world with the COVID-19 virus. After much discussion, we agreed too many factors still are unanswered for us to be certain the virus will be sufficiently contained by June 11 to proceed safely with this event. We are still hopeful to hold this conference in the Fall of 2020 but will wait until later in the year to make that decision.
I want to assure all of you that we will make every effort, if the situation has greatly improved in several months, to hold this conference later in the year. We so appreciate all of the assistance and support we have already received from MBUFA Members, policy makers, and other organizations to move forward with the conference in terms of sponsorship, speakers, and panel ideas. We are most appreciative of these efforts.
MBUFA continues to monitor all events regarding this issue and work with our Members to continue to guide and improve many of the legislative efforts being considered at this time.
Thanks and I look forward to seeing you later this year.