Please send job highlights or announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Griffith - Director, Industry Partnership
Reporting to the Executive, the Director of Industry Partnerships is an innovative administrator who will be instrumental in developing and strengthening an industry and employer engagement strategy for EGTC. The Director will engage with industry experts, current and prospective employers, and community leaders to create a robust and impactful network of opportunity for students and alumni.
As an influential leader within the Classroom to Career Hub, the Director will lead strategic efforts to identify, strengthen, and maintain lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with employers The Director is responsible for overseeing research, strategic planning, and program implementation of industry engagement and campus recruiting activities and is responsible for working collaboratively across campus to leverage university talent and resources. Additionally, the Director will manage the industry engagement team, which is responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with employers who offer a variety of meaningful career development, experiential learning, and employment opportunities for students.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - Describe general or broad functions of work.
Leadership and Strategy (60%)
- Strategically grow EGTC's employer base; deepen existing recruiting relationships.
- Meet regularly with Advancement partners to ensure alignment between vision for impactful industry partnerships and Corporate and Foundation Relations; coordinate outreach and engagement efforts to leverage collaborative relationships and minimize potential conflicting messages to our industry partners and university stakeholders.
- Anticipate employer needs and nuances; forecast recruiting and partnership trends.
- Direct external relations and oversee successful implementation of current and prospective employer engagement initiatives including on-campus recruiting events and activities, employer facilitated career education, and experiential learning programs.
- Ensure implementation and management of Career Link, a Simplicity platform and online career services management tool, is utilized to its full capability.
- Steward industry partnerships to expand opportunity network for students and alumni
- Create and implement employer facilitated and/or engaged programming focused on career exploration, job search strategies, and mentorship.
- Ensure that the number of types of opportunities available match the needs of students and academic departments. Supervision/Management (25%)
- Responsible for providing direct supervision to respective campus recruitment and industry engagement team.
- Manage performance aligned to EGTC success metrics.
- Develop an inclusive workplace aligned to best practices for equitable career development outcomes.
- Manage budget and revenue streams connected to campus recruiting activities. Assessment and Reporting (15%)
- Partner with all EGTC's department to support career outcomes survey and related success measures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience (two years of work experience equals one year of education)
- Experience leading and developing cohesive teams, managing performance and productivity, and data-informed decision making.
- Experience in employer or university relations, recruitment activities, and experiential learning and internship programs.
- Knowledge of trends in career development, workforce needs and how to address such needs with a talent pipeline.
- Experience managing budgets and assessing program effectiveness.
- Master's degree in related field
- Experience working at a Hispanic serving institution
- Entrepreneurial spirit; comfort with leading change management.
- Experience providing leadership to both professional staff and faculty.
- Demonstrated management/administrative skills (for policy, budget, supervisory, and program development and evaluation responsibilities).
- Extensive knowledge of higher education, student affairs philosophy, best practices, and the policies and procedures of a higher education institution.
- Knowledge of emerging trends and needs in the student population.
- Demonstrated experience working with and advocating for ethnically and culturally diverse student populations.
- Exceptional research, market and data analysis
- Participation in relevant local, state, and national organizations, assuming leadership roles as appropriate.
- 5-7 years of experience working with industry and/or community leaders to expand opportunity and career education for college students.
- Experience working with students, faculty, and administrators in higher education, with significant administrative and supervisory experience managing programs focused on student career success.
Emily Griffith - Dean, Health Sciences & Administration
The Dean of the College of Health Sciences and Administration is responsible for the academic and administrative leadership of all programs in the College of Health Sciences and Administration, including budgeting; program development; course scheduling; longrange planning; physical resources; faculty recruitment and retention; collaboration with external agencies; programmatic and institutional accreditation; and oversight of program advisory committees.
The Dean is also an integral component of the EGTC leadership team and is responsible for actively participating with other departments in the strategic, operational, and tactical planning of the College.
* Lead and support the foundation of a coordinated health sciences structure within the College and coordinate health science and administration programs
* Aligns the strategic direction, mission, vision, and cultural values of EGTC with all health sciences and administrative programs
* Monitors instructional programs to ensure compliance with the Council on Occupational Education (COE), the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), the Colorado State Board of Nursing (SBON), the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), and other accrediting organizations as applicable
* Provides leadership for faculty in designing and implementing student learning outcomes and program outcomes that align with the Colorado Community College System (CCCS): Common Course Number System and in compliance with CCCS program approval standards
* Validate that data entered for all program proposals, departmental schedules, annual and special reports are utilized for continuous program improvement
* Collaborates with the associate dean and full-time faculty in developing master course schedules and assigning faculty workloads
* Develop and maintain the relationship between the practical nursing program and the Governing Body, including but not limited to acting as liaison with other programs within the Governing Body and with other Nursing Education Programs
* Establishes and maintains partnerships and cooperative agreements with community health care providers, including oversight of all clinical agreements
* Represents EGTC and the College of Health Sciences and Administration in appropriate public and private forums
* Maintains active involvement in the local and global community, including the promotion and development of articulation agreements with high schools, community colleges, and other institutions of higher learning as appropriate
* Provide leadership in the development, revision, and interpretation of curriculum, programs, catalog, and course information.
* Facilitates departmental meetings to disseminate school policy/procedures and review departmental goals and objectives.
* Provide oversight of all program advisory committees to ensure compliance with regulatory and % of Time 40%
* Monitors enrollment, completion, and placement data for all health science and administration programs
* Collaborate with the Student Services Department to address student needs and to serve as intermediary between student and faculty when academic issues arise
* Advise and assist students with selection of and progression through departmental programs as appropriate
* Collaborate with the Student Services Department regarding course/program enrollment, recruitment of students, and retention of current students focusing on improving student success.
* Evaluate, delegate, and address responsibility for student/staff complaints, suggestions, requests and disciplinary action outside Code of Conduct (non-instructional) issues that are handled by the Director of Student Services as appropriate 10% Staff and Faculty Support
* Collaborates with the Human Recourses Department to develop and maintain current written job descriptions for all faculty and staff positions
Provides oversight for the Department Administrator and Associate Dean of Instruction positions, including the development of annual goals and participation in the appraisal process
* Collaborates with the Associate Dean and faculty to establish annual goals and professional development plans, including staff development through professional growth activities, industry visits, conferences/workshops, quest speakers, and university/college courses.
* Collaborates with the Associate Dean in oversight of all classroom activity via scheduled classroom visitations, observations, and communication with staff and students.
* Ensure adequate classroom supervision by hiring required personnel as determined by state requirement and relevant regulatory agencies by working with human resources, oversee the interview and hiring process for all departmental personnel, ensuring credentialing requirements are met for all recommended new hires.
* Provide oversight of school/department orientation of new employees and support the on-going professional development for all faculty and staff
* Collaborate with the College Credentialing Officer in matters pertaining to teacher credentialing.
* Collaborate with the Associate Dean to ensure that faculty are in compliance with institutional and regulating agency requirements, including financial aid guidelines, student record keeping, attendance tracking, credit requirements as they relate to state mandates. 25% Fiscal Management
* Develops, administers, and maintains the annual budget for the College of Health Sciences and Administration, including the oversight of grants and endowments
* Collaborates with the Director of Instructional Programs and the Director of Business Services to analyze the budget for cost-effectiveness and program viability
* Oversee the preparation and reporting processes for departmental grants per grant guidelines
* Collaborate with staff to identify and secure equipment, furniture, supplies, and curricular materials to assure quality program instruction 15% Institutional Professional Service
* Remain current in understanding and compliance with appropriate policies and procedures related to the operations of EGTC and Denver Public Schools
* Maintain active memberships in professional, business, and community service organizations.
* Research industry trends and advancements leading to development of new programs.
* Attend and participate in local, area, and national conferences related to job responsibilities.
* Review legislation at the local, state, and national level as it relates to department.
* Collaborate with the Marketing Department to market departmental courses and programs.
* Actively participates in administrative meetings and school-wide committees.
* Serve as a guest speaker at organization functions, school-to-career groups, and upon request of local organizations and school groups.
* Other duties as assigned by the Director of Instructional Programs
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
* Appropriate current licensure/certification in nursing or health science discipline
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Master's degree in a relevant discipline related to the healthcare industry
* Minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in a leadership role in education, preferably in a postsecondary setting.
* 5 years of demonstrated experience in a leadership role in a postsecondary setting.
KNOWLEDGE & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS -
* Ability to lead a team with focus on strategic planning and continuous improvement.
* Ability to communicate effectively through speaking and writing.
* Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the relevant instructional programs.
* Ability to demonstrate knowledge of curriculum and procedures for instructional improvement.
* Ability to plan, implement, supervise, and evaluate instructional activities.
* Ability to resolve conflict in a diplomatic and reasonable manner.
* Ability to meet and talk to individuals, community representatives, and industry groups.
* Ability to work under imposed deadlines and schedules.
* Ability to work as a team member.
To apply, please email resume to Tayseer Abdalla at email@example.com.
Note: urban leadership foundation does not guarantee an interview or employment.
This is provided as a community service.