Dear MedChi Members and Maryland Physicians:
We hope you are doing well. Here's what we want you to know today:
- Register here for today's all-physician call at 5:00 pm (Thursday, March 26) with the Maryland Department of Health.
- Please note that tomorrow's call will be held at 12:00 noon (Friday, March 27). Register here.
- Unless there are significant news or resources to share, we will NOT send an update email tomorrow (March 27). Please make a note of the call link above for tomorrow.
- Please take this important and very brief telehealth survey to help us determine how best to help you.
- Governor Hogan announced additional state loans and grants earlier this week. I wanted to point out the grant program you might have missed. The COVID-19 Emergency Relief $50M Grant Fund offers working capital to assist Maryland small businesses and nonprofits with disrupted operations due to COVID-19. Grant assistance is intended to provide interim relief complementing actions with its bank, business interruption insurance, and financial partners. Learn more here.
- The Maryland Department of Health has issued a helpful checklist and resource guide for primary care physicians to help work through the various issues in addressing patient care, billing, and more.
- The University of Maryland is requesting donations of N95 masks, surgical masks, goggles, face shields, and disinfectant supplies from medical practices in the area. Donations can be dropped off in the lobby at 714 W. Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 or shipped to that address to the attention of Matthew Fischer. Please reach out to Betsy Krieger with questions.
Please reach out to us if you have questions or if there are specific resources you are looking for. Thank you for all that you do as physicians and healers.