1) Call the university chancellor or president at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Ohio State University in Columbus and the University of Florida in Gainesville and urge them to take Wendy’s off their campus.
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, Office of the Chancellor, Interim Chancellor Kevin Guskiewicz, (919) 962-1365
Ohio State University, Office of the President, President Michael Drake, (614) 292-2424
University of Florida, Office of the President, President W. Kent Fuchs, (352) 392-1311
Talking points from CIW:
- Wendy’s is the last of the five major fast food corporations in the country to refuse to join the FFP, which would protect the rights of farmworkers in their supply chain.
- The [University] has a responsibility to send a clear and unequivocal message to Wendy’s: Until you put human rights on the menu, you cannot sell food on our campus.
- It is urgent that more universities follow the lead of the University of Michigan and make it clear to companies like Wendy’s that real and meaningful social responsibility is a necessary part of doing business.
2) Take a store managers letter to your local Wendys. Download and print a copy
4) Post a moral message or prayer on social media tagging @Wendys @National Farm Worker Ministry #faith4fairfood #fairfoodnation
And let us hear from you! Go to this
and share that you prayed, that you reflected, that you made the call, that you delivered a letter, that you signed a petition and/or that you posted on March 7
. Let Wendy’s hear that farm workers deserve better!