Grand Haven Charter Township is looking for four (4) employees to fill seasonal positions in our beautiful parks. If you want to spend your summer days outside, learn new skills and work with a great group of people, this job MAY be for you. WARNING! You must also take great pride in the work you do,
be willing to break a sweat and get your hands dirty.
The summer laborers work Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., and typically work one weekend a month. Our season runs from April through October, with flexibility on start and end dates for those with school, sports and family schedules. The laborers assist in the maintenance and repair of
the Township’s buildings, grounds, parks and facilities. Someone with a strong work ethic and experience in painting, mowing, leaf pickup and cleaning will be a great fit! If this sounds like an amazing opportunity to you (it truly is), keep reading to learn more.
A Day In the Life
- Clean park facilities and restrooms.
- Operate and maintain a variety of equipment, as needed to perform manual labor activities.
- Greet and assist guests with park reservations.
- Paint fire hydrants.
- Complete maintenance work orders, as assigned.
- Receive feedback from supervisors and use it to grow and improve.
What You Will Need
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Working knowledge of basic lawn tools and equipment, including lawn mowers, leaf blowers, line trimmers and various hand tools.
- Reliability and the ability to work well with supervisors, coworkers and the public.
What We Offer
- A competitive hourly rate starting at $11.09 per hour.
- Opportunities to return each summer for employment and the potential to grow into other positions within the Township.
- Trainings and access to a fitness facility to keep your mind and body healthy.
How to Apply
Grand Haven Charter Township is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age, height, weight or disability.