1) Play with your kids. If you have children, one of the best ways to find your joy is to spend time playing with them. And while you're at it, try and play like you're a kid too!
2) Cuddle with your pets. Our furry friends are often a great source of stress relief and happiness. Spend some quality time with them on the couch giving them those scratches they love. If your pet is more active, take them outside and play with them.
3) Find a book you've been meaning to read. Everybody has a book or two they've been meaning to get to or perhaps that they started and haven't found the time to finish. Make some time and curl up with your book for a few hours! Reading a book can be extremely relaxing and can transport you to a different world while doing it.
4) Volunteer. Find an organization that you want to support and then find out how you can help. Donating money is a great start but try and find ways you can donate your time as well. Volunteering is a great way to put things in perspective and the work you do will give back to your community.
5) Cook yourself a decadent dinner. Do you have a meal that you absolutely knock out of the park every time you cook it for a special dinner or holiday? Take the time to spend in the kitchen and cook this meal up for yourself. If you have kids, get them involved! The meal doesn't have to be for any special occasion, the occasion is that you are treating yourself! Once you've eaten put the leftovers in the fridge for a great lunch option later on in the week.