As with everyone else, we are closely monitoring the developments pertaining to the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our community. As needed, we'll continue to make adjustments to our work environment so that we can continue to deliver superior service to you. In fact, most of our staff will continue to work from our office --
have a look at today's crew, click HERE.
We do have a few employees who will need to work remotely in order to care for young children or older family members.
Since our last update, we have made a couple of adjustments to our work environment in effort to preserve the health and well-being of our staff:
1) If you need to drop off something, please contact us when you arrive; we'll arrange "curbside" pick up.
2) We will not be accepting outside visitors, but are available by phone, email, or video conferencing.
3) We have slightly modified our hours. Effective Tuesday, March 24th, our office hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Thursday; 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on Friday.
Understandably, with all the uncertainty, your clients may be hesitant to make any purchases at this time. However, unforeseen events such this one reminds us of the importance of having adequate life insurance in place. As most individuals know, life insurance is typically not a quick purchase, and, for this reason, many people put off buying it when their lives are in high-gear. Now, when life is moving a bit slower, is a great time for an insurance check up and to explore options. Reassure your clients that there is no pressure to purchase at this time. When "life" returns to "normal", your clients will be prepared to move forward.
That said, despite the current climate, life does go on, such as the birth of child. You may have clients who are compelled to purchase insurance at this time. If there are concerns about face-to-face interactions, medical exams, expediency, we have many options.
See our Accelerated Underwriting Guide, click HERE.
However, we do want to add that many parameds are still seeing clients and are following CDC guidelines to reduce the risk of infection. For instance, BMI, located in our building is still doing exams and has assured us that they are strictly following
CDC, state and local government rules and regulations.
During times like this, we believe open communication with our partners is key. We are poised to address any questions or respond to any unique situations that may arise. Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time. We are working with all our carriers to limit the any disruption to your cases and quickly process new business.
Thank you for your support as work together to meet this challenge!
The IIANC cancelled the InsureExpo (April 16-17), but we are optimistic about our upcoming programs:
- The Standard CE Lunch Program scheduled for May 6th, 11:30 am - 1:45 pm
- The Sagicor Lunch Program (previously scheduled for March 25th) has been rescheduled for May 27th, noon - 1:00 pm
- Our Open House is scheduled for June 5th, noon to 3:00 pm
We'll keep you posted!