Dear Marching Band and Color Guard Parents,
After almost three months of working on this year's show, the Viking Marching Band is finally kicking off its competition season at the
Baldwin Park Field Tournament this Saturday, October 19.
We have put together an itinerary with detailed information on your student's day;
you can download it directly here.
Where Is the Tournament?
The Baldwin Park Field Tournament is held at Baldwin Park High School at
3900 Puente Avenue, Baldwin Park, CA 91706
. Driving time depends on traffic, but it can take between an hour and an hour and a half to get there.
Important Times for Saturday
- 9:45 am: Call time at Samohi
- 8:30 pm: Vikings' showtime at Baldwin Park High School
- If you would like to attend, plan to arrive at least 30-45 minutes beforehand to allow for parking and seating. Entry is only allowed between each performance.
- 10:45 pm: Pick up at Samohi, after truck is unloaded
For Students: What to Bring
- Water in a reusable container
- Your Dinkles and black socks
- Royal blue practice shirt and shorts/leggings
- A packed lunch to eat at Samohi, snacks for later, and/or money for concessions if you want them. Dinner is served at competitions.
- School work and reading books for downtime
- Warm clothes/jacket to change into after your performance
For Parents: What to Do
- Come see our show during halftime at the football game at SMC on Friday, October 18, and cheer for the kids. This will be their first show in front of a big crowd and the ONLY time you can see the show on the west side. Bring your family and friends, too!
- Drive out to cheer at competitions. Tournaments run all day; our kids' show time is 8:30 pm. Make sure to come earlier to support the band and our host school. Entrance is $10 for adults, $5 for students/seniors. There is parking at the stadium.
- Cheer with your Viking Parents Tribe! Join the crowd of blue and gold in the stands!
- Take loads of photos and share in our Flickr Stream! Flickr login info: samohiband/vikingband100
Send us a line:
Many thanks for all of your support!