Dear Marching Band and Color Guard Parents,
After 11 weeks of working on this year's show, we are finally kicking off our competition season at the
Baldwin Park Field Tournament this Saturday, October 20.
We have put together an itinerary with detailed information on your student's day;
you can download it directly here.
Where Is the Tournament?
The Baldwin Park Field Tournament is held at Baldwin Park High School at
3900 Puente Avenue, Baldwin Park, CA 91706
. Driving time depends on traffic, but it can take between an hour and an hour and a half to get there.
Important Times for Saturday
- 10:45 am: Call time at Samohi
- 7:15 pm: Vikings' showtime at Baldwin Park High School
- Plan to arrive at least 30-45 minutes beforehand to allow for parking and seating. Entry is only allowed between each performance.
- 10:45 pm: Pick up at Samohi, after truck is unloaded
For Students: What to Bring
- Water in a reusable container (we are trying to cut down on paper cups!)
- Your Dinkles and black socks (white socks for Front Ensemble)
- Royal blue practice shirt and shorts/leggings
- A packed lunch to eat at Samohi, snacks for later, and/or money for concessions if you want them. Those who bought the meal plan are served dinner at competitions.
- School work and reading books for downtime
- Warm clothes to change into after your performance
For Parents: What to Do
- Please come to our dress rehearsal on Friday, October 19, at 6:30 p.m. and cheer for the kids. It's good for them to get used to performing in front of a crowd. Family and friends are welcome, too!
- Get your fan swag! If you preordered, you can pick up your t-shirt at dress rehearsal this Friday.
- Drive out to cheer at competitions. Tournaments run all day; our kids' show time is 7:15 pm. Make sure to come earlier to support the band and our host school. Entrance is $10/person at the gate. There is parking at the stadium.
- Cheer with your Viking Parents Tribe! Jump into the rabbit hole of Wonderland t-shirts in the stands!
- Take loads of photos and share in our Flickr Stream! Flickr login info: samohiband/vikings100
- If you haven't yet, please make sure your student's $50 meal package for the season is paid. You can send in a check to the Band Room or pay online here: Marching Band Payments.
Send us a line:
Many thanks for all of your support!