We had an amazing Virtual Steam Night yesterday….congratulations to everyone who planned and participated in a fun evening together.
We know that there is a lot of confusion about the end of year grading this year, so we hope that this email will clarify it for you and your students. Please know that some details may change regarding this. We will update you as we get any new information.
- Students will be receiving a grade of credit/no credit for the final semester grade of this year.
- Students will be 'held harmless' and will not receive a lower grade than they had at the time of the school closure (3/13/20)
- This means that if you're student had a C at 3/13, they will receive a grade of credit no matter what they did or did not turn in.
- This also means that students can raise their grade during this time. If a student had a failing grade as of 3/13, they can raise this doing the assignments during the school closure and receive a grade of credit.
- If a student receives a no credit because they had a failing grade before the school closure, they will have until the beginning of the fall 20-21 school year to make up any work they missed or didn't turn in during distance learning.
- Attendance in any class 'meeting' will not affect a student's grade.
Hope this helps with clarifying the new grading system.
I hope everyone is safe! We so miss you all.