* Financial Statements - It was reported that there is a year-to-date shortfall in givings compared to budget. However, salaries and benefits expenses are under budget, and rental revenues are currently over budget. The net result is an operating fund surplus at this time.
* Correspondence - Marshall received correspondence inviting the church to participate in an Ancaster Ministerial initiative to assist seniors who need help with outdoor cleanup activities around the home. This request will be communicated to the congregation.
* Governance Structure - The Board will hold a Saturday morning retreat on September 16 to consider how our governance structure might be modified to support our core values and motivating vision. Alternative models will be considered.
* JNAC Report - The Joint Needs Assessment Committee Report was discussed and approved by the Board. A Special Congregational Meeting will be held on October 1 to seek congregational approval of the report.
* Search Team - The Board will recommend a Search Team at the meeting on October 1 for approval by the congregation. People interested in being on the Search Team will be invited to express their interest in advance of the meeting date.
* Christian Education & Development - It was agreed that a small group under the minister's leadership be formed to establish a Christian Development Plan for the current year. A variety of ideas will be explored to meet the needs of both adults and children in the church.
* Anniversary Sunday - Marshall will celebrate its 63rd anniversary on Sunday, October 15 at a joint 10:00 a.m. service. Rev. David Mundy will be our guest speaker that day. A special coffee & conversation time will follow in the parlour.
* Board Communications - In an effort to improve communications to the congregation, the Board will post its monthly minutes on the notice board, and a summary of Board discussions will be included in the Newsletter. From time to time, committees will be asked to make a short report to the congregation concerning their activities.