A Lenten Pilgrimage: Journey with Jesus
We encourage everyone to participate in our Lenten Pilgrimage. Here's how:
Read the book Invitation to a Journey: A Road Map to Spiritual Formation
Order a copy of the book by signing up in the foyer, calling the church office at
Be sure to get the expanded edition with Spiritual Exercises and Group Discussion Questions by Ruth Haley Barton:
Book orders due this Sunday, March 3rd
Join a Discussion Group
Starting the week of March 11th
- Mondays at 6 pm online with Rev. Etienne
- Wednesdays at 1 pm with Judy VanDuzer in the Gathering Place
- Friday mornings with Richard Hamilton in the Gathering Place (time tbd by participants)
- Online with Richard Hamilton (day & time tbd by participants)
- or Start a group of 3 or 4 friends at home!
(talk to Judy VanDuzer for ideas and support)
Receive a Prayer Stone
We will be consecrating prayer stones as a means of helping us carry our burdens to God. You will receive a stone, guidance on how to use it and prayer prompts to help you. On Good Friday, you are invited to place your burdens (symbolized by your Prayer Stone) at the foot of the Cross.
Follow a Lenten Prayer & Bible Reading Plan
Bible reading and prayer plans will be distributed to help guide your Lenten spiritual practices, and you are invited to use these plans to further your own spiritual pilgrimage and to share your journey with others.