The Martin County School District has moved to an upgraded Zoom package to enhance security and engagement. Effective Monday, November 9, 2020, all students are expected to have their device cameras turned on while participating in classes each day. Our Educational Technology Department is offering tech support hours to students who need to have camera settings enabled on their District-issued devices:
- District Office - 1939 SE Federal Highway, Stuart, FL 34994
- Monday - Friday 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Indiantown Middle School - 16303 SW Farm Rd., Indiantown, FL 34956
Monday - Friday 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. by appointment only**
The remote learning option was introduced as a temporary learning format as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic. As is the expectation for their peers learning in traditional classrooms, students participating in remote learning are expected to actively participate in their lessons and be engaged in school.
Students are eligible to participate in remote learning only in the following scenarios:
· A parent/guardian has registered them for the remote learning option with their school
· They are currently following quarantine or isolation protocol at the direction of DOH Martin or a healthcare professional
· They are sick and staying home due to symptoms, but are well enough to participate in remote learning from home temporarily. Students must provide a note from their parent or physician if they will be temporarily participating in remote learning due to illness.
· They or a member of the household is symptomatic, awaiting testing results or has tested positive for COVID-19.
Families are encouraged to continue following these remote learning reminders as we transition to the new Zoom package and expectations for cameras: