A Busy Month for MORR
Abrams, WI (May 13, 2015) - The last couple of weeks have been very busy for the MORR Board of Directors and its members. On May 2nd, Kip and Donna's The Fly Way, hosted the annual MORR Swap Meet and General Meeting which took place in Abrams, Wisconsin. The MORR General Meeting covered several topics. The following are the highlights:
- The Sportsman Off-Road Series will continue to use the MyLaps car transponders and there will not be a competition yellow during the first weekend of racing at Crandon. After the weekend, the series will discuss whether or not to continue without the mandatory caution. The first weekend will use the land rush start and then race on Crandon's short track. This is only for the Sportsman only weekend.
- Registration for the first Sportsman weekend at Crandon is available online: https://usacracing.webconnex.com/Crandon1-2015
- For the 2015 Sportsman Off-Road Series race season, all registered drivers must have primary insurance coverage. You must provide proof of the coverage at the time of registration. You will be required to register your insurance carrier and policy number with USAC in order to compete in the Sportsman Off-Road Season.
- In order to for a class to qualify for the posted MORR Contingency Program, a minimum of six trucks/buggies must start the day's round of racing. Also, for the driver to qualify for any contingency offer, he or she must compete all of the laps of that round of racing.
An example of a non-qualifying finish would be taking third place and raced to the checkered flag, but completed one less lap than the winner. Another example is taking 3rd place, but never crossing the finish line.
- Most of the MORR racers already have a team/athlete Facebook page, which is great. In order to make the contingency verification process easier for MORR as well as the participating companies, it is required to have regularly updated team Facebook page.
- The rest of the contingency process will take place as it has in previous years.
The following Saturday, the MORR Sportsman Test Day was held at Crandon International Off-Road Raceway. Approximately forty-five MORR racers took to the track in preparation of the 2015 Sportsman Off-Road Series.
MORR Board Member Scott Behnke and his wife prepared an awesome pulled pork lunch for everyone. Nancy Vanden Heuvel with some help from Amy Demeny and Nancy Behnke got everyone registered for the Test Event.
MORR would like to express a huge thank you to the U.P. Stump Jumpers as the group came out in full force to work the track. Once again Cliff Flannery and his crew had the track in perfect condition.
To keep the test fee a reasonable dollar amount, MORR covered the cost of the one-day insurance policy.
Now its time to prepare for the season opener at Crandon. See you all June 6th!
2015 Sportsman Off-Road Series Race Schedule
Londerville Steel Off-Road Super Challenge - Crandon, WI
Forest County Potawatomi Brush Run - Crandon, WI
Sportsman Off-Road Weekend- Bark River, MI
40th UP Off-Road Championships- Bark River, MI
46th Crandon Off-Road World Championships - Crandon, WI
The goal of the Midwest Off Road Racing (MORR) group is to insure affordable racing for the Midwest Sportsman Off Road Racer by uniting racers with a common voice. Maintaining affiliations with approved sanctioning bodies will allow the competitor and the enthusiast to enjoy off road racing now and in the future.
midwest-offroadracing.com / facebook