Greetings from the Ashland Chamber & Travel Ashland,
Staff is moving forward a number of important efforts to help get our businesses and community back and functioning.
We are encouraged to hear the conversations around reopening and we look forward to working with you to reopen our economy and community.
This week the Chamber & Travel Ashland staff:
- Connected with state leadership to gain information and access for our small businesses on the new grant programs made available through the State of Oregon. Details currently being developed and will be shared as soon as possible for applying. These grants are for businesses who could not access any of the Cares Act stimulus funds such as PPPL and EIDL.
- Conducted planning meetings with preliminary Retail & Culinary subcommittees of the summer event & promotion series to begin conversations about opportunities to engage, connect and invite other interested people into the fold.
- Met as a Steering Committee to plan the summer series
- Met as a Gating Committee to review the proposed Governor's guidelines and create a process to share with businesses
- Met with our partners at Asante Ashland Community Hospital and Jackson County Public Health to talk about Ashland’s strategy to slowly open via Governor’s recommendations
- Offered feedback to the Governor’s advisory team on behalf of the Retail & Culinary industries about her suggested guidelines for reopening and shared concerns as well as requests for clarification
- Provided guidance to our regional, state and Federal legislators about the importance of clearing up issues of liability regarding illness contraction
- Travel Ashland established plans to bring together expanded Outdoor recreation industry partners and outfitters to grow upon our existing outdoor initiative
We appreciate your partnership as we navigate these challenging times together as a community. We are looking forward to coming through the other side together.
Travel Ashland Staff