May 2018 LPGA Women Who Play DC E-Blast
Dear LPGA Women Who Play DC Members,
Goodness, all that rain we got last week and again on Tuesday night! With golf courses drying out, we can finally continue with our leagues and events.
Meanwhile, there are important upcoming events:
Our big Chapter Championship tournament is also around the corner. It will be July 7th at Musket Ridge. Check out the details below and sign up! You can have a foursome and compete as a scramble team, or individually as a stroke player. Also, you don't have to compete at all, but instead just play casually and have fun. As always, we are looking for volunteers!
Keep checking our website for more details on all upcoming events. Please sign up for leagues if you haven't already.
And always, always - have fun at the golf course!
We Need You! Be our Next LPGA Women Who Play DC Sponsorship Director
- Manage annual sponsorship renewals - create and execute contracts including coordination of payment
- Note: current annual sponsor is Calendar Year, pro-rated options for part-year sponsorships
- Manage existing sponsor contracts - Cash/In-Kind contributions; provide calendar of available dates for exclusive E-Blasts to sponsors and coordinate timing and blurb with the Communications Director; track exclusive E-blasts per contract
- Solicit new annual and event sponsors
- Coordinate the sponsor/vendor participation at the Spring Kick-off including planning the layout of the space and prizes donated or In-Kind for raffle/silent auction
- Coordinate the sponsor/vendor and silent auction function at the annual Play 4 Pink charity event
- Attend Board meetings
Be a Sponsor of LPGA Women Who Play DC
Would your products or services appeal to influential female consumers?
LPGA Women Who Play is an initiative born through an alliance between the LPGA Foundation and the Executive Women's Golf Association (EWGA). For almost 30 years, the EWGA connected thousands of women across the U.S. and beyond to learn, play, and enjoy golf for business and fun.
The DC Metro Chapter has close to 400 members in DC, Maryland and Virginia area. Sponsorship offers an opportunity to gain the attention of accomplished, decision-making female consumers.
Would direct access to such women increase the effectiveness of your sales and marketing efforts?
If the answer is yes, we invite you to consider a sponsorship with the DC Metro Chapter of the LPGA Women Who Play. Each level comes with unique opportunities for increasing awareness of you, your organization and your products or services.
(Cha Cha) will be held on
Saturday, July 7th at Musket Ridge Golf Club in Myersville, MD.
The practice round rate is $48.90 valid anytime Mon-Thurs and Fri - Sunday after
Cha Cha Volunteers Needed -
Volunteers may be female or male & don't need to
LPGA Women Who Play members
All volunteers there for the full day receive a shirt and banquet dinner
The ChaCha is only 6 weeks away
- and we need VOLUNTEERS (yes - that's you) ASAP!! Are you available all day, half day, or even if you are playing, we have jobs that you can help with.
Registration/Raffle/Club Count (3)/Assistance through the Event (2):
can only stay half day or are playing, Registration is the job for you! Or staying all day but don't want to be a Spotter, this is it.
document the event by shooting candid shots throughout the day's activities and trophy winners at the banquet.
Good at seeing where the balls go -
note where each player's ball lands and/or assist players when looking for balls to assist pace of play. Do NOT need to know the rules - only spot the balls.
For those staying to help for the whole day, we will have LPGA Women Who Play shirts so the course staff and players can identify you if they need assist
ance. Have a friend (male or female) that is willing and able to help as a Spotter or Photographer- Sign them up ASAP!
For additional information, contact Kim Cook, Volunteer Coordinator,
2018 Play for P.I.N.K. Golf Tournament
Sponsor a Hole
Our annual Play for P.I.N.K. (PfP) Tournament is four months away!
Sponsoring a hole is a great way to show support. It is also a great way to advertise your business (if applicable), or make a tribute to a loved one who has been touched by this disease. The cost to sponsor a hole is $100. This price encompasses the sign with the donor's name, your company logo or a message, and five 50/50 raffle tickets if playing in the golf tournament. The raffle tickets will be provided upon check-in on the day of the golf tournament.
To register, go to the LPGA Women Who Play website (
) and follow the following instructions:
Step 1. Select Events
Step 2. Select Calendar
Step 3. Select Members/Non-Member events
Step 4. Select LPGA Women Who Play DC 2018 PfP Weekend Hold Sponsor
Step 5. Select Register
Step 6. Fill out the registration form (further instructions below)
Step 7. Complete the payment (you will be directed to PayPal website)
Upon selecting the Registration button, you will need to provide your name, the hole number you would like your sign placed upon, and the "In Honor of" or "In Memory of" name. Be sure you have spelled all information correctly. You can view all 18 holes of the golf course on the Westfields Golf Club website (
) under Scorecard, or under Photo Gallery. If you do not specify a hole, the Event Captain will determine a hole placement on your behalf. If you want your company's logo placed on the sign, you will need to reach out to the Event Captain separately with your logo image. If you want to have a message versus a name on your sign, you may enter a short phrase into the "In Honor of" text box. A sample of the sign is shown on the registration page. Once you have completed all the registration information, you will be taken to a separate webpage for payment (PayPal). The Event Captain will reach out to you once you are registered and payment has been received.
2018 Play for P.I.N.K. Golf Tournament
Silent Auction Lead
The Play for P.I.N.K. (PfP) Planning Committee is looking for a volunteer to spearhead the annual tournament's silent auction. The silent auction is a key component of our fundraising tournament. Ms. Julie Smith has taken a new position in Chicago and will no longer be able to fill this role. The committee wishes Julie all the best in her new job!
Currently, the Event Captain and one additional volunteer are assisting with the silent auction planning efforts. A lead is needed for the overall coordination of the activity given the number of moving parts associated with a silent auction. The time commitment would entail (at a minimum) meeting once a month with other planning committee members to discuss overall efforts toward the tournament, and efforts toward the duties and responsibilities mentioned below.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Serve as the overall lead and coordinator for the Coordinate the silent auction
* Track all donated items received and the value of each item donated
* Solicit In-Kind donations from current LPGA Women Who Play sponsors
* Solicit In-Kind donations from other one-time sponsors for the tournament
* Create bid sheets for each item used in the auction
* Create table displays for the items so each are appealing for bidders
* Set up display tables on the day of the event
* Determine final winners once auction concludes; maintain all on spreadsheet
* Take payment from winners at the conclusion of the charity event
* Provide Donation Roster to Event Captain for "Thank You" notes
* Prepare documentation for reporting purposes to Play for PINK organization
Does this interest you? Are you new to the Chapter and looking for ways to be more involved? Want to do more than just play in the tournament? Contact the Event Captain if the answer is YES or if you have additional questions on this volunteer opportunity!
Hero Dogs Golf Tournament -
6 Aug 2018
LPGA Women Who Play DC Chapter is proud to support the 2018
Hero Dogs Golf Tournament
. At our Spring Kickoff brunch we donated $560 from our 50/50 raffle to the tournament. Let's pull some foursomes together for this great fundraising event. Visit
Hero Dogs website
for more information and contact
with additional questions. Hero Dogs is a nonprofit organization that improves the quality of life of veterans and first responders by raising, training, and placing service dogs and other highly skilled canines, free of charge, with lifetime support of the partnerships. Its annual golf tournament is the only fundraising event Hero Dogs hosts. Thank you for your support!
LPGA Women Who Play Member Survey
LPGA Women Who Play
sent an email with a link to a brief 4-question anonymous survey to all members on Thursday, May 17. If you haven't taken the survey already, please take a few minutes and
click here to complete the survey
. The survey covers questions on benefits and our new name.
LPGA Women Who Play Golf Department News
LPGA Women Who Play
have partnered with Hotel Planner to assist with your lodging at the Chapter Semi-Finals. Just click on this link
and scroll down to find your event.
As a reminder, the Cup Regional and District Semi-Final Registrations are open. There is still room for additional Cup teams in the Atlantic, Great Lake and Northeast Regionals.
Have questions or need assistance? Contact
It's Okay to Wear Your EWGA Logo'd Apparel
Many members still have EWGA logo'd apparel and other items that are still in good condition. Even though we have a new name and logo, please feel free to wear and use your EWGA gear. We stand proud of who we are today, but never want to forget where we came from!
LPGA Women Who Play logo'd items will be coming out soon as we await our Store's opening in the online
LPGA Pro Shop!
LPGA Women Who Play Members - New Benefits
LPGA Women Who Play Executive Director, Jane Geddes, recently announced that the USGA is now offering upgraded and discounted tickets to the
US Women's Open (
May 31 - June 3) and
US Senior Women's Open (
July 12 - 15) as
an exclusive benefit to LPGA Women Who Playmembers!
Upgrades to the
Eagles Nest for all tickets purchased for the
US Women's Open - Shoal Creek Golf & Country Club, Shoal Creek, AL, May 31 - June 3.
Discounted tickets for the
US Senior Women's Open - Chicago Golf Club, Wheaton, IL, July 12 - 15
- Members who have purchased grounds tickets will received complimentary upgraded tickets to the Eagle Nest
- Eagles Nest is an open-air sports bar located at the 15th tee
- Members must go to will call, show their membership card and they will receive the upgraded Eagles Nest tickets
Process to buy tickets for
US Senior Women's Open
- Members will receive Buy One - Get One Free on Grounds tickets (all Grounds tickets have access to the Trophy Club)
- Promo Code is LPGAWWP
- Trophy Club is an upgraded facility located between the 15th green and Driving Range that is climate controlled and includes TVs, upgraded furnishings and upgraded food and beverage for purchase.
- Click on this link.
- To purchase 2 tickets:
- Input QTY of 1
- Click Checkout
- Input LPGAWWP in Promo Code Box - Click APPLY
- Total of 2 tickets will appear below as:
- Trophy Club Good Any One Day (+$5.00 service fee) 1 $35.00
- Trophy Club Good Any One Day (free) 1 $0.00
- Total: $35.00
You will not want to miss this great opportunity to watch some awesome golf at these two fantastic venues!
LPGA Women Who Play Members - Legends Tour
Great news! LPGA Women Who Play members (and a guest) now get complimentary access to LPGA Legends Tour events. Simply show your membership card at Will Call, and you and a guest can watch some of the most memorable and talented golfers compete in beautiful venues across the U.S.
||Women's Golf Day at East Potomac
||Women and Golf Reception at Laurel Hill