2 Day Workshop
"Getting in the Game" - ITB's for SME's
How to do business in the defence industry
$899 (+GST) for WCDIA Members / $999 (+GST) for Non-Members
Includes the 2-day workshop (3 complete sessions), coffee breaks and lunch provided for up to 2 attendees (must be from the same company).
June 25 - 26, 2019
8:30 - 4:30 each day
Location to be confirmed
The capital portion of Canada's Defence budget is slated to grow from $4B/yr to $10B/yr over the next decade. Government policy requires that 15% of this value be directed to Small to Medium Enterprises. This means Defence contractors will be looking for up to $1.5B/yr of input from small companies.
Is your company prepared for this opportunity?
will provide a basic understanding of the federal policy that ensures Canadian small business and public institutions benefit from military procurement.
will assist SMEs and public institutions develop their Value Proposition to harness ITB opportunities.
will provide SMEs and public institutions registered in the series with direct "hands-on" experience with a select group of prime defence contractors applying the lessons learned for "getting in the game".
SEMINAR #1: GETTING STARTED (day one)
- SMEs and public institutions will gain a basic understanding of Canada's Industrial and Technological Benefit program/policy.
- What is the ITB policy framework?
- How do off-sets work?
- Who is involved?
- What are the opportunities?
- What is the connection to the Canadian economy and innovation?
- What are some success stories?
- Is my organization/SME eligible?
- Why is there an emphasis on Canadian content; Controlled goods, ITARS?
- What are the risks and benefits?
SEMINAR #2: GETTING PREPARED (Morning day two)
- SMEs and public institutions will develop an understanding of the different types of ITB transactions and the importance of multipliers.
- Attendees will learn how to turn their thinking regarding their capability or their vision for change into an attractive "project".
- Attendees will learn how to develop a strong Value Proposition.
- Attendees will learn to pitch themselves to primes and how to "get in the game"
- What are the types of transactions?
- What is the culture of ITBs? (projects)
- Why is a Value Proposition a critical component of working in the ITB domain?
- How do I develop a Value Proposition?
- How do I pitch my company or organization to a prime and how do I prepare?
SEMINAR #3: GETTING IN THE GAME (Afternoon day two)
- Attendees will have firsthand experience interacting with prime defence contractors.
- Attendees will have the opportunity to first hear from prime defence contractors as to what they are looking for within a dialogue/pitch with an SME. (Panel Presentation).
- Attendees will listen to prime defence contractors describe their challenges and experiences with SMEs/public institutions.
- Attendees will have the opportunity to present their Value Proposition to primes in one-on-one B2B sessions.
- Attendees will have the opportunity to de-brief as a group regarding their experience and how it could be modified for future interactions with primes.