With spring on its way, it is a good time to help our students to have conversations about the weather. It's good small talk for them to use when they want to have a conversation.
Levels 0 - 1
* Use your Oxford Picture Dictionary (OPD) to help the student understand weather vocabulary. Ask "Yes/No" questions about the vocabulary about weather in the OPD. Use the T chart to write down your student's responses. Worksheet#1
* Talk about the weather. "How's the weather?"
Use worksheets #2, #3 (answer key), and #4 to help your student answer this question.
Level 2-3 (All of the above)
* Discuss today's weather using a Weather App on your phone.
Fill in worksheet #5 using the App or look out the window!
Discuss what to wear today, or during the spring using worksheet #6. Do the word search for homework. Worksheet #7
Levels 4-5 (All of the above)
* Using worksheet #2 classify what the weather is like in winter, spring, summer, fall. Worksheet #8
Then using worksheet #6 classify what you should wear in winter, spring, summer, fall. Worksheet #9
* Play the board game about seasons and weather. Worksheet #10
* Use worksheets #11, #12, and #13 to talk, read and write about weather and the seasons.
Levels 6 and up (All of the above)
* Use a Weather App on you phone to complete Worksheet #14.
* Introduce natural disaster vocabulary using worksheet #15.
* Read worksheet #16. Use the Question Hierarchy to discuss the article. Worksheet #17
* Do the experiment at home with their children. Worksheet #18
* Use the Natural Disaster word search for homework. Worksheet #19
Click here to access the worksheet #19a
Thanks to everyone who helped with all these ideas!!!