2020 Construction Updates
(May 29, 2020)
Avenue Reconstruction –
The Village is reconstructing the roadway of 13
Avenue near Veteran’s Park from Washington Street to North Street, as well as North Street from 12
Ave (N Green Bay Road) to 13
Avenue. Work began in early April and is expected to continue through late May. The road is closed to through traffic until the project is over. Roadway work is close to complete, with only pavement marking scheduled for next week to be completed. Access to BMO Harris Bank is available at all times.
Avenue Reconstruction –
The Village will be reconstructing the roadway of 1
Avenue (both northbound and southbound) from Highland Drive to Washington Street. The road will be closed to through traffic during construction which is tentatively scheduled for a mid-June start. Work is to be completed by late August.
Sidewalk Replacement –
Sidewalk replacement work to remove tripping hazards will occur in the neighborhood bounded between Maple Street and Falls Rd from 9
Avenue to 12
Avenue, as well as the area bounded between N. Pine Street and Valley Drive from the Milwaukee River to 17
Avenue. All concrete replacements are complete, and restoration of grass areas will begin next week.
Blue Stem Residential Subdivision
– Underground utilities were installed over the winter for Phase 2 of this development and roadway work will begin in the next few weeks. Phase 2 includes the extension of Cheyenne Avenue to the south property line and all development to the west of Cheyenne Avenue.
River Bend Meadows Residential Subdivision
- Underground utilities were installed over the fall/winter for Phase 1 of this development and roadway work will begin in the next few weeks. Phase 1 extends the existing River Bend Road to the east to Port Washington Road.
Shady Hollow Residential Subdivision
Underground utilities were installed over the winter for Phase 3 of this development and roadway work will begin later this spring/summer.
Ozaukee County Highway Department - P
lans to place a 2.5” asphalt overlay on CTH W from CTH C (Pioneer Road) to Opportunity Drive (just north of Falls Rd, construction is planned for August.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Has several projects occurring around Ozaukee County as follows:
- STH 60 from Washington County line to Five Corners (STH 181/CTH NN/Washington Ave/Covered Bridge Rd): Asphaltic Overlay, planned for late April start.
- STH 60 & CTH Y (Granville Road): New Roundabout Construction.
- I-43 Bridges: Various work on multiple bridges from STH 60 to CTH D, started a couple of weeks ago. Expect daily I-43 lane closures and night-time full closures.
If you have any questions about these projects please feel free to contact me, thanks,
Amber Thomas, P.E.
Director of Public Works/Engineer
675 N Green Bay Road
Phone: (262) 375-5325
Fax: (262) 375-5330