Office of Naval Research Funding Opportunity
Although the deadline to apply is only a few days away, DND wanted to inform you about an opportunity. The Office of Naval Research in the United States is looking for applications from universities and industry in three subject areas, namely:
- Tailored material and manufacturing;
- Multifunctional maritime films for persistent and survivable platforms and warfighters; and
- Object detection and identification in any medium (air, water, sand, earth).
The Office of Naval Research Global seeks to foster relationships with the international science community and build long-lasting partnerships worldwide. To do so, the command has launched Global-X, a nine-month international science challenge worth up to $750,000 to encourage ground breaking research from all around the world.
Global-X is designed to stimulate new, high-risk, multidisciplinary research ideas with both military and commercial value, to solve present and future U.S. Navy and Marine Corps technology needs.
Significant Dates and Times:
• White Paper Submission Date: May 25, 2020, by 11:59 p.m. EDT
• Notification of White Paper Valuation: June 5, 2020, by 5 p.m. EDT
• Full Proposal Submission: July 13, 2020, by 11:59 p.m. EDT
• Notification of Selection: Full Proposals: July 31, 2020, by 5 p.m. EDT
• Grant Awards: Sept. 7, 2020, by 5 p.m. EDT