Getting Back to Business
As the world slowly moves towards reopening, please be aware of the current situation in your area as you begin providing service. There is no one size fits all approach. The Piano Technicians Guild suggests members develop a protocol based on the severity of the pandemic in your local area and the comfort level, as well as any special situations of you and your customers. Share your safety precautions and expectations of customers with them before confirming appointments.
Developing a Protocol
- Frequently check local trusted news sources to assess the situation in your service area.+ Review the CDC Guidelines for protecting yourself and others.
- Review the OSHA Guidelines for providing essential in-home repair service.
- How to approach a return to work is generating much conversation, ideas and debate at my.ptg.org. We encourage you to participate and learn how technicians from around the world are approaching returning to work.
- The localized nature of the Covid-19 outbreak also lends itself to local discussions. PTG can help facilitate online meetings using ZOOM. Contact Barbara Cassaday (email@example.com) or Jim Fariss (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the date and time of the meeting and they will schedule it for you through the PTG account. The requester will receive a reply email with the Zoom invitation information to forward to your members.
- PTG Covid-19 Response information and links of use to Piano Technicians are maintained at https://www.ptg.org/covidresponse.
Customer Contact Resources
Need a way to reach out to customers? PTG has options available for members that can be easily customized for individual use.
to find our newest offerings of texts and short videos you can cut and paste into emails and social media posts. Use them as a helpful way to stay in contact and encourage future appointments. Topics include:
- How Do I Clean My Piano?
- What Does A-440 Mean?
- Does it Hurt my Piano When Kids Pound On It?
- The Expensive Free Piano
- What’s the difference between a piano tuner and a piano technician?
PTG also has downloadable
with five new and updated full color designs. Each 8.5" x 11" page includes four of the same design. Download, print the page with your choice of design and cut into 4.25" x 5.5" postcards. Also includes a pre-printed page with a place to record the last tuning, or you can create your own customized card back. Works with Avery 8383 inkjet perforated 4/sheet cardstock postcards.