After missing the 2020 Annual Meeting & Awards Breakfast due to COVID, the chamber was thrilled to host nearly 100 chamber members and their guests at our 2021 Annual Meeting & Awards Breakfast on Tuesday, May 4th at the newly opened event center and wedding venue, The Hub at Village Square in Crestline
Current Chamber Board Chair, Erik Flick welcomed everyone to the event and then Executive Director, Miranda Jones led the Pledge of Allegiance. Pastor Joe Stafford gave the invocation and then tables were dismissed for breakfast, catered by Avita Nutritional Services.
The Annual Meeting portion of the event saw the approval minutes from the 2019 Annual Meeting and the ratifying of the actions of the Board of Directors for years 2019 and 2020. The chamber membership then voted on Board of Directors with 3-year terms from May 2021 to May 2024. Our newly elected Board of Directors are Donna Conley, Matt Horn, Keith Hummel, and Jennifer Kuns.
The Board of Directors then voted on the proposed slate of officers for May 2021 to May 2023. Newly elected officers are Board Chair: Kim Winkle, First Vice Chair: Matt Horn, Second Vice Chair: Pennie Fox, Secretary/Treasurer: Keith Hummel, and Immediate Past Chair: Erik Flick.
Executive Director, Miranda Jones then gave her 2020 Year in Review, highlighting the major chamber accomplishments in 2020, and then the Annual Meeting was adjourned.
The 2020 awards ceremony was held immediately after the annual meeting and fifteen awards were presented during the ceremony.
The following are the 2020 Galion-Crestline Area Chamber of Commerce award recipients:
• Galion Mayor’s Award — Galion City Schools Food Service Department
• Crestline Mayor’s Award — Crestline Police Department
• Industry of the Year — Iron Vault Distillery, Galion
• Service Industry of the Year — Cleaning by Carrie (Carrie Cottrell)
• Business of the Year — Dzugan Real Estate Services (Joe and Gretchen Dzugan)
• Retail Business of the Year — Bistro 217 (Holly and Steve Rose)
• Service Business of the Year — Avita Health System
• Professional of the Year — Chad Miller, Galion Port Authority
• Young Professional of the Year — Chris Adler, Avita Health System Director of Emergency Management, Safety & Security
• Chamber Chair Award — Matt Echelberry, City of Galion Communications Director
• Chamber Volunteer Award — Crestline Community Development Team
• Chamber Service Award — Joe Kleinknecht, former Galion-Crestline Area Chamber of Commerce President/CEO
• Organization of the Year — Community Counseling Services (Cindy Wallis, Executive Director)
• President’s Award — Jennifer Allerding (Galion City Schools Superintendent) & Matt Henderson (Crestline Exempted Village Schools Superintendent)
• Executive Committee Award — Miranda Jones, Galion-Crestline Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director
We would like to thank Joe & Gretchen Dzugan, Vanessa Bell, and Alyssa Huss from the Hub at Village Square. The HUB was an amazing venue. Thank you for allowing us to host out meeting there.
Thank you to Avita Nutritional Services for the great breakfast and for serving all of our guests.
We would also like to thank chamber administrative assistant, Candy Yocum. She is a great asset to the chamber, and we thankful to have her as a part of our team.
Also, thank you to Janell Benner. She is always the first to offer to volunteer to work our events and we are thrilled and thankful to have her help.
Thank you to our elected officials who attended the meeting and all of our members for their continued support of the chamber.
To the chamber board of directors and the chamber ambassadors – thank you! We could not hold events without you volunteering to help.