Chair, Healthcare Practice, McDermott Will & Emery
COVID-19 IMPACT AND THE ANTICIPATED ROAD TO RECOVERY
Managing Director, The Chartis Group
CONSIDERATIONS FOR PRESERVING VALUE AND SUSTAINING OPERATIONS IN A DISTRESSED ENVIRONMENT
This panel will explore strategies and best practices for hospitals to preserve value, including engaging in proactive discussions with lenders and bondholders, reviewing contractual relationships with key vendors, and exploring modifications to payment terms or schedule. Panelists will also address the overlay of management and board obligations and the role of corporate governance when approaching the zone of insolvency.
Global Co-Head of Restructuring & Insolvency, McDermott Will & Emery
- Richard Becker, M.D. - Senior Managing Director, ToneyKorf Partners
- Russell Perry - Senior Managing Director, Ankura
- Michael Peregrine - Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
STRATEGIC TRANSACTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES IN THE HOSPITAL SECTOR
Addressing both the interests and concerns of health systems in all positions, this panel will provide insight on opportunities for larger systems to restart their growth strategy, as well as pathways for smaller systems or standalone facilities in distress to evaluate options. The speakers will also discuss accompanying considerations, including capital market and rating agency perspectives and proactive market analysis and antitrust challenges.
Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
- Ashley Fischer - Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
- Anu Singh - Managing Director, Kaufman Hall
- Victoria Poindexter - Principal, Hammond Hanlon Camp
- Lisa Goldstein - Associate Managing Director, Moody's