Provider Appreciation Day is Friday, May 11!
This is a special day to recognize and show appreciation to child care providers, teachers and other educators of young children. This recognition began in 1996 by a group of volunteers in New Jersey and is celebrated every year the Friday before Mother’s Day.
Use this day to recognize and show appreciation to your child care provider, teacher or other persons who provide care to your child. Here are some ideas on how to show your appreciation:
- Have your child make a card or picture.
- Give a card or a handwritten note from you.
- Purchase a gift or gift card based on your provider’s hobbies or interests.
- Donate a toy or book to their program to be used by the children.
- Give your child care provider a bonus with their payment.
- Share a quote or poem about teachers.
- Fill a basket or mug with candy or other treats.
- Give flowers in a vase decorated by your child.
If you would like to nominate a child care provider who has provided outstanding care to your child for Child Care Aware® of America's Provider of the Month, you may do so by