City of Gulfport
2401 53rd Street South
Gulfport, Florida 33707
Post Date, 3/17/2020 – 5:00 PM
For Immediate Release
As of March 17, 2020, Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-68 placing limitations on bars, pubs, nightclubs and restaurants for the entire State of Florida as a result of COVID-19. The City of Gulfport will be implementing the Executive Order immediately.
To further enhance social distancing measures and discourage excessive gatherings within restaurants and any other establishment that serves alcohol for on-site consumption covered by the Governor’s order, the City Manager orders the following:
- Bars must close today, Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. for 30 days.
- Restaurants must immediately reduce/limit their occupancy to 50% of current building occupancy.
- Restaurants must limit parties to 10 individuals with a six (6) foot separation between any group of patrons.
- Effective, March 18, 2020, in Pinellas County, all restaurants must discontinue the sale of alcohol at 10:00 p.m.
- Restaurants must implement the screening of all restaurant employees.
* Determination of Restaurant or Bar is determined by the type of State of Florida
Department of Business Professional Regulations issued license held.
The City of Gulfport continues to closely monitor the coronavirus, COVID-19. The health and safety of our residents is our top priority. City Officials are working in cooperation with our Federal, State, County, and local partners in preventing the potential spread of the coronavirus within our community.