The Dietz Stadium/Andretta Pool Improvements Project is a the $20 million improvement project to renovate and modernize the stadium complex. Dietz Stadium construction drawings are now complete and the bid preparation process is underway. Once construction begins, the project is expected to take 14-16 months.
Phase 1 of the project is already complete, including the pool house exterior, pool improvements and repairs, and the installation of a splash pad. As part of Phase 2, construction began in September 2022 on a complete renovation of the pool house interior and is expected to be completed this spring.
The remainder of Phase 2 is focused on the stadium and surroundings. Pre-construction work such as sub-soil borings, hazardous material testing, and site clearing began in the fall. The site has remained open to the public for use of the track, loop road, and parking lots during this initial pre-construction phase, but will close for construction.
Dietz Stadium renovations include:
• Exterior renovations of the grandstand, including ADA access, a 50-yard line access tunnel to locker rooms, new benches, and press box upgrades
• Interior renovations of the grandstand, including upgrades to the restrooms, new locker rooms, new mechanical/ electrical services, coaches offices, training room, and improved storage facilities
• New track surfacing, new turf field, and new LED stadium lighting
• New scoreboard with large screen broadcasting
• All new underground utilities, ie. water, sewer, storm, electric & comms
• New open-air pavilion with food truck hook-ups, concession booth, and referee locker room
• Visitor side concession area with two restrooms
• Expanded grass practice area with a track & field equipment storage building
• New gated ticket booth grandstand entrance
• Bus parking at stadium entrance, new parking lots with green infrastructure
• Improved access loop road and sidewalks around the stadium
• Two-way access/egress to Hurley Avenue as well as Joys Lane
• Relocated basketball court with benches and lighting
• Pedestrian access/egress walk to Joys Lane near Kingstone Insurance
• New stadium perimeter fencing
• Improved Wi-Fi and security cameras
• Landscaping including 120+ new trees
More information, including the design documents, can be found at https://engagekingston.com/dietz-stadium-andretta-pool-improvements.