March 31, 2021 Updated
Golf Procedures During Current Health Crisis
Our Golf Course, Driving Ranges, Pro Shop, Restaurant and Patio are ALL OPEN with some restrictions to ensure we are keeping each other safe during this time. It is CRITICAL that Golfers review and follow the following protocols and we work together to ensure safety during this time.
Tee times should be booked and paid online.
Season Pass Members book 7 days in advance.
- Public Bookings 5 Days in Advance.
- Season Pass Members – May book online or by phone. When booking, ALL names of other members and/or Guests are required.
- Corporate Passes, Five Game Pass, Gift Certificates, - May book by phone only.
- Public Golfers – May book online and prepayment is required. Phone booking and payment option #2.
- Walk-up tee times will not be allowed.
Arriving at the Club
Arrival - You may arrive on property no earlier than 25 minutes prior for your pre-paid tee time.
Check In - Have your Tee Time and receipt available for our attendant at the entrance.
Tee Time Announcements:
“ON the Tee” - Proceed to 1 st Tee Area
“On Deck ... The Putting Green” - Proceed to 1st tee putting Green / Path area.
“15 Minute Call” - Proceed to designated range stalls for warm up.
Carts and Pull Carts –
- Payment and registration at EAST RANGE kiosk.
- Carts assigined at West side of the Cart Park area.
- Cart Pick Up – Sanitized carts facing west in cart park area.
Cart number and pay verification will take place at 1st tee by our starter.
- Sand bottles removed, Ball washers - out of order
- Shared carts with household or cohort members or must wear masks.
- Cart Return – east end of Cart Park; personally dispose of all trash in nearby receptacles.
Pro Shop Retail Customers
- Registered Golfers may shop for retail items prior to their game.
- Public may attend Pro Shop for retail only.
Restaurant and Patio Customers
- Restaurant and Patio guests must sit at a table to receive service.
- ½ Way house available for take away service.
East Driving Range –
- Registered golfers may access the public paid area prior to their designated range warm up only if space is available.
- Public Access if space is available only.
1st Tee Putting Green -
- Open only to the golf group, which is “ON DECK” for their tee time.
- No Range Balls allowed. Personal golf balls only.
- All Pins are above ground with no holes.
- Do not touch the pins.
- When you are called... "next on the first tee"…. Move to the first tee to allow access for the next group to the "on deck" and putting green area.
East Putting Green –
- Members, registered golfers, and Academy Students Only.
- No public access.
- Above rules apply.
Tee Area – keep golf group separate from others at all tees.
Tee times have been spaced - to keep this consistent all groups must maintain pace of play.
Keep Score on the McKenzie Meadows APP. Cards and pencils only available on request.
Rakes in the Bunkers – Eliminated. Local rule: winter rules.
Meeting at the green – Social Distancing required.
- Leave Pin in at green – Not touching the flag pole
Getting Ball out of Hole – Modifications will allow the hole to be very shallow. This allows golfers to grab their ball without touching the flag or the cup.
Ball Washers – Eliminated from the course. Golfers bring their own damp towel.
Trash Cans Limited - please be responsible for your own garbage and dispose when you get home.
Course Marshal - monitoring for pace and to ensure players are practicing physical distancing.
Frost - We will send an email when we have frost estimating the delay. At the course, please wait in your car until notified. This allows us to follow all guidance to not exceed gathering limits established by local authorities.
Lightning or Rain delay - Proceed to shelters on course. If returning to Clubhouse area please wait it out in your car or proceed to our Event Center or Clubhouse if you do not have a car.
Food and Beverage
- Our restaurant and patio are open for sit-down food and beverage services.
- 1/2 Way House services are available for walk up or "to go" .
Access our Menu here: On Course Menu To Go . Order and pay while on course including hot food and we will have it ready for pick up at 1/2 way window, outside on east end of Clubhouse.
- On course services may be available from time to time at our 1/4 house located at 6 and 13 tees.
- Government restrictions apply.
Driving Range Safety
We have sanitized and modified things to take away frequent touch points. Some of the modifications at this time include:
- Visa / Master Card at West Range. Credit / Debit and Passes at East. No Cash
- Golf Balls washed and sanitized.
- Washed buckets and sanitized bucket handles.
- Wider Stalls to enhance physical / social distancing.
- Golfers Only - No spectators, no teaching.
- No rentals, personal clubs only.
- No golf bag stands.
- No Garbage Cans on range.
- Putting Green West Range Only - Open; restricted to 8 patrons at one time. Using a maximum of 3 of your own golf balls.
- Chipping Area: Open; restricted to 4 patrons; must use your own golf balls.
Washrooms – In the clubhouse or at the ½ way house (east side building outside).
Payments: by credit/debit cards only. We prefer cashless payements.
CLUB RENTALS - NOT AVAILABLE.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are located throughout clubhouse and at each entrance.
- McKenzie Meadows will be sanitizing and cleaning our high traffic areas frequently.
Please adhere to the guidelines established by our local, provincial and federal government.
- If you are sick or are feeling sick, do not come to the golf course.
- Social distancing a minimum of 2 metres on all areas of the property is mandatory.
- Face coverings are mandatory indoors.
- No group gatherings.
- We will be cleaning any items of touch, but please be prepared with your own hand sanitizer etc.
abide by ALBERTA HEALTH SERVICES MANDATORY PROCEDURES.
McKenzie Meadows Golf Club