1. Do you start your pre-call planning with a clear understanding of what sales process stage you’re in as well as the unique characteristics of that stage?
2. Is the meeting planning based on what the prospect is doing, thinking and feeling during this stage of their buying process?
3. Do you conduct research resulting in insights and relevant background intel prior to prospect meetings?
4. Do you check social media and current news for recent updates on the company or meeting attendees?
5. Do you assess meeting attendees, their role, disposition relative to your company and political influence as part of your meeting preparation?
6. Do you carefully consider and include resources who might add value to your prospect meeting?
7. Can you put yourself in your prospect’s shoes and articulate their goals for the meeting?
8. Do you have clear and measurable goals for the conversation?
9. Do you adjust your meeting goals to meet your prospect’s meeting goals?
10. Are next steps considered in advance of the interaction – both’ best’ next steps and ‘second best’ next steps?
11. As appropriate to the sales stage, do you develop or review your Win Themes™ prior to the exchange?
12. Does each sales meeting include a list of stage related questions that you would like to ask?
13. Do you anticipate what might go wrong during the meeting and develop plans to avoid, resolve or mitigate?
14. Do you have a successful prospect meeting checklist that you follow?
15. Do you have an agenda, including topics, purpose, discussion leader, time allocations for every formal prospect meeting?
16. Does your agenda reflect all your pre-call planning work?
17. Do you share your agenda with your prospect in advance to gain input?
18. For critical meetings such as demos or presentations, do you gather the account team for pre-call planning?
19. Do you have a reliable method to take notes and action items and are these summarized at the end of the meeting?
20. Do you consider ways to make the prospect meeting memorable, engaging and even fun?
21. Do you follow up with the prospect within 48-hours to keep momentum and visibility high?
22. Do you have a formal post meeting assessment process, noting what worked well and changes for next time?