FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JULY 10, 2018
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:
LYNN HIGHTOWER, 208-472-5250
All Things Twilight Criterium!
This Weekend fans can get up close to World Class Bike Racing
- The ASWB Twilight Criterium Races into Boise with the "Twilight Trifecta" Friday Night with a Trifecta of what Idahoans love; Community, Cycling - and French Fries!
- The Twilight Trifecta is the Awards Ceremony for Friday's Chrono Kristin Armstrong.
- Saturday, some 350 kids will ride tire to tire with Boise's 3-Time Olympic Gold Medalist Kristin Armstrong.
- The ASWB Twilight Criterium features some of the Top Racers in the World Competing in a high-intensity, high-stakes race through the Streets of Downtown Boise.
July 10, 2018
- The top pro women's and men's cycling teams in the nation and the best local and national amateurs are prepped to turn the streets of Downtown Boise into a high-speed, high-stakes race course this weekend. The 32
ASWB Twilight Criterium
races into Boise Saturday, July 14
New This Year: Twilight Trifecta at JUMP.
The Friday Twilight kickoff this year combines three amazing community events;
- The Twilight Criterium Racer Meet & Greet. Some 100 racers from approx. 30 teams will rotate among booths meeting fans in Autograph Alley. Free special edition autograph sheets will be available for fans at each booth.
- Chrono Kristin Armstrong award ceremony. Kristin earned her three Olympic gold medals in the Time Trial, an event just like the one she's hosting earlier in the day Friday. Awards begin at 6:00pm.
- JR Simplot Company celebrates National "Fry Day", and will share free servings of their world famous Idaho French fries with event guests. Simplot's famous fryer will be pumping out up to 2,000 lbs. of fries an hour!
- Video highlights of the 2017 Twilight Criterium playing on the JUMPotron big screen.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring donations to The Idaho Foodbank - anyone who donates $15 or more will receive a commemorative "FryIdaho" t-shirt.
The Twilight Trifecta invites Treasure Valley families and race fans to JUMP to celebrate the world's top cycling athletes and enjoy the world's tastiest French fries!
What: Twilight Trifecta, a family event to celebrate all things cycling and
When: Friday, July 13, 4:00 - 7:00pm
Where: JUMP, Celebration Circle, 1000 W. Myrtle Street
Twilight Kids' Ride with Olympic Champion Kristin Armstrong
Approximately 350 kids ages 3 to 10 are expected to show up Saturday to ride tire to tire with Boise's three-time Olympic Champion Kristin Armstrong.
Kristin will stay following the ride to sign special edition autograph sheets provided by the Downtown Boise Association.
What Parents Need to Know:
DATE: Saturday, July 14
TIME: Check-in and on-site registration begins at Noon, Ride starts at 1:00pm.
FREE! There's no cost for kids to ride with Kristin!
- WHERE: Grassy area behind the Borah Post Office, south side of Jefferson Street in front of the Idaho Statehouse.
- Kids must have helmets to participate in the ride
ASWB Twilight Criterium & Twilight Fan Expo
The Twilight brings fans up close to one of the most grueling, exciting events in sports; Criterium bike racing.
The Twilight Fan Expo at Andrus/Capitol Park:
- Opens at 1:45pm Saturday
- Provides great race viewing
- A central location for food, beverages, event t-shirts
- An opportunity for fans to interact with a number of engaging vendor booths, including several local cycling organizations.
1:45 pm - Twilight Racing begins
6:00 pm - The always-entertaining Boise GreenBike women's and men's races, including awards for best costume, first, second, third, and last place.
6:50pm - Opening Ceremonies
7:00pm - Women's Pro Race
8:15pm - Men's Pro Race
10:00pm - Awards Ceremony, Start/Finish lines, Jefferson Street in front of the Idaho Statehouse.
See a full schedule below.
For more, go to https://downtownboise.org/events/twilight-criterium
About the Downtown Boise Association
Experience, Enjoy, Be Something Special - Be Downtown Boise
The Downtown Boise Association mission is to create and maintain a thriving downtown. For more information visit us online at www.downtownboise.org