June 28, 2019
Road to X Games: Boise Park Qualifier 2019
Capital City Public Marke
will make for an exciting weekend in downtown. Businesses are open and the heart of our community is ready to welcome visitors. The best way to get to these terrific community events is to take a few minutes and plan ahead to bike, walk or ride to where you want to go.
This weekend, with some unexpected road work in and around the downtown, you can find the Market along 8th Street, and it also means good, alternative options are worth extra consideration. A little planning will go a long way to moving around easily.
Here are some ideas:
- If you drive, park outside the downtown and walk or ride to your destination. Walking or riding along the Greenbelt is an easy, beautiful way to get to and from downtown.
- E-scooters are also stationed in a number of areas on the outskirts of downtown. Log onto websites for Lime, Bird and Spin for more.
- Boise GreenBike hubs near Boise State, Hyde Park and Garden City are always an easy way to ride to your destination.
- Valley Regional Transit buses will be running. Go to the ValleyRide website for routes and stops near you.
- Front, Myrtle and State Streets are major roads into and out of downtown that may be busy, but are open to traffic. If you drive, include time for any traffic delays in your planning, and look for available parking in several lots and garages along those routes.
The events going on in and around downtown the next couple weeks are wonderful entertainment for the whole family. As always, a little planning will get you to and from the events easily.
If you want the list of every single piece of road work going on in and around the city center, including ongoing work from the hospital expansion, ACHD has a comprehensive list
Just remember, walking, riding or biking are always easy, healthy ways to get around! Here’s to a great weekend!