For communities to thrive, their small businesses need to thrive.
That’s the idea behind
Small Business Saturday
. And the idea has caught on!
"Small Business Saturday connects people to local businesses in ways that foster Boise's sense of place. It's one of our favorite days of the year," said Laura DeLany of Rediscovered Books.
Mayor Bieter will sign a proclamation declaring
Saturday, November 30, 2019 as Small Business Saturday in the City of Boise!
- What: Small Business Saturday Proclamation
- Where: Rediscovered Books, 8th & Idaho, downtown Boise
- When: 9:30am, Monday, November 25, 2019
Mayor David Bieter, Laura and Bruce Delaney of Rediscovered Books, and representatives from local small business development organizations can speak to the importance of small business in our community.
“Small business owners are not only the backbone of our local economy, they also help give Boise’s downtown and neighborhoods their unique character, vibrancy and flavor,” said Boise Mayor David Bieter. “Small Business Saturday is a great way for Boiseans to support their favorite locally-owned shops, restaurants and businesses and invest in our great community.”
Downtown Boise is Idaho’s largest concentration of small, independent businesses.
Small Business Saturday
- 42% of adults, or an estimated 104 million consumers reported shopping or dining at local independently-owned businesses, generating roughly $17.8 billion in reported spending.
- 70% of U.S consumers are aware of Small Business Saturday, and in addition to support on Main Streets, shoppers turned out for online small businesses – with 41% reporting that they Shopped Small® online on November 24th alone.
- In 2018, more than 7,500 Neighborhood Champions (a 4% increase from 2017) in all 50 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories celebrated Small Business Saturday on November 24. In total they engaged an estimated 2.2 million small businesses to get shoppers out into their communities to Shop Small.
- Among consumers who said they shopped small on the day, 42% reported shopping with family and friends at independently owned businesses, and 83% reported encouraging others to also shop or dine small.
- Small Business Saturday spending has now reached a reported estimate of $103 billion since the day began in 2010.
- Small business owners expect an average of 29% of their total annual sales to take place during the holiday shopping season, and 59% said Small Business Saturday contributes significantly to their holiday sales each year.
Dine Well, Shop Unique, Be Downtown Boise for Small Business Saturday, November 30
Dozens of businesses in every district of Boise’s Downtown take part in Small Business Saturday. Many offer guests festive, exclusive promotions and events designed to make the experience a special one for every member of the family.
Stamped Passport - Win a Downtown Boise Gift Card!
The Downtown Boise Association and Buy Idaho are offering five $100 Downtown Boise gift cards to lucky shoppers. Winners will be chosen among those who turn in their
Small Business Saturday Downtown Boise Passport
complete with stamps from participating merchants
Pick up the Passport, collect the number of stamps from downtown merchants, then return the passport at Rediscovered Books at 8
& Idaho Streets. Go to
for a list of participating merchants. Downtown Boise gift cards are good at more than 300 merchants!
Community Support Makes it Happen
The Downtown Boise Association is registered with American Express as a Neighborhood Champion. As Shop Small Business Saturday enters its 10
th year, the DBA is honored to work with partners equally dedicated to supporting small business including the Boise Farmers Market, Buy Idaho, the Capital City Public Market, the Small Business Administration, Rediscovered Books and Idaho’s Small Business Development Center.
Experience, Enjoy, Be Something Special - Be Downtown Boise