ATTENTION: KDA Members
These days good news bears repeating! So, I wanted to make sure you saw the recent announcement from ADA President Dr. Chad Gahani regarding relief for Medicaid providers.
Stay safe and well,
Medicaid Provider Relief Fund Distribution Portal
Hello, Fellow Dentists:
With yesterday's announcement from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that eligible Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) providers can apply to the Medicaid Targeted Distribution portion of the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund, I wanted to let you know that the Enhanced Provider Portal is now accepting applications. To apply,
please access the portal here
- At least 2% of reported gross revenue from patient care with the final amount each provider receives determined after the data is submitted, including information about the number of Medicaid patients served by the provider.
To be eligible for relief funds, the applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must not have received payment from the $50 billion General Distribution (this includes providers who have billed Medicare on a fee-for-service basis [Parts A or B] in Calendar Year 2019).
- Must have directly billed Medicaid for health care-related services during the period of Jan. 1, 2018, to Dec. 31, 2019, or own (on the application date) an included subsidiary that has billed Medicaid for health care-related services during the period of Jan. 1, 2018 to Dec. 31, 2019.
- Must either have filed a federal income tax return for fiscal years 2017, 2018 or 2019 or be an entity exempt from the federal income tax return filing requirement and have no beneficial owner who is required to file a federal income tax return (e.g. a state-owned hospital or health care clinic).
- Must have provided patient care after Jan. 31, 2020.
- Must not have permanently ceased providing patient care directly, or indirectly through included subsidiaries.
- Must have gross receipts or sales from providing patient care reported on Form 1040, Schedule C, Line 1, excluding income reported on a W-2 as a (statutory) employee if the applicant is filing as an individual.
HHS has also provided a number of FAQs on the Medicaid Targeted Distribution.
While this portal only allows for Medicaid and CHIP providers to apply, the ADA is continuing to work with HHS to distribute additional provider relief funding more broadly to dentists. We are hopeful for continued progress in this area and plan to share more details when they become available.
The ADA is proud to support dentists as they return to serving their communities. With your voices, our advocacy efforts will continue to drive our profession forward. Be sure to visit ADA.org/COVID19Advocacy for regular updates.
Chad P. Gehani, DDS