In response to Section 1135 of the Social Security Act, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) offers flexibility to Medicare provider enrollment in order to support physicians, non-physician practitioners, and other providers and suppliers in order to support Medicare providers during the COVID-19 national emergency.
The CMS will be doing the following as it relates to provider enrollment:
- Establish toll-free hotlines at each of the Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) to do the following:
- Enroll physicians and non-physician practitioners and allow them temporary Medicare billing privileges.
- Allow physicians and non-physician practitioners to report a change in practice location.
- Waive various screening requirements and the enrollment application fee.
- Expedite any pending or new applications (7 days for clean PECOS applications and 14 days for clean paper applications).
- Postpone revalidation actions.
Toll-free Hotline Numbers for MACs are as follows:
CGS Administrators, LLC (CGS)
Toll-free Hotline: 1-855-769-9920
Hours of Operation: 7:00 am – 4:00 pm CT, M-F
National Government Services (NGS)
Hours of Operation: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm CT, M-F
Hours of Operation: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm ET, M-F