Dear HSC Family,
As was announced on Sunday, we are looking forward to
gathering together for corporate worship
this upcoming Sunday, May 10th!
The decision to resume meeting was one that our elder team made after much prayer, discussion, and after reviewing/considering our governor's most recent recommendations. This decision also took into account the helpful feedback we received from the survey sent out last week; the response to the survey was not only very strong in number but very encouraging and informative.
Here are some
key points, guidelines, and recommendations
to keep in mind as we move forward together:
1) We are so thankful to know that our
God never stops moving and working in the lives of His people!
Even during this time of pandemic and quarantine, God has and continues to do His amazing work. Many have testified to God's work in their lives during this time. What a blessing and comfort to know that God remains sovereign, seated on His throne, and working all things together for His glory and for our good!
2) Since, starting May 4th, many businesses will begin operating again at 50% capacity, we believe
Sunday May 10th
is an appropriate time for us to resume meeting together for corporate worship. Please know that we look forward to ramping up, utilizing a phased approach, other ministry areas (such as children's church, Sunday school, etc.) in the upcoming weeks.
strongly encourage anyone
who is considered
(due to age or health) or anyone who is
showing any symptoms
to stay home
and continue live-streaming our times of worship and study. We realize that there are many within our body and leadership team who will think it best for them to refrain from meeting in person; we want to assure them of our
for them and we want to assure them of our
for them in their decision to stay home. We desire every believer to pray, seek wisdom, walk in biblical discernment, and act according to their conscience.
4) For those
who will gather together in person
for corporate worship, we want to share the following important information:
- We will encourage families to come, sit, and worship together as a family, as we will have no nurseries, Sunday school classes, or children's church available at this time. For those who desire to make use of them, there will be two areas (one in the hallway and one at the welcome center) where "kids packets" will be available for pick-up. These packets have been assembled in a sanitized environment by a gloved worker.
- We will encourage individuals and family units to sit "spread out", throughout the worship center, about 6 feet apart. Thankfully we have a large worship center and can safely accommodate many even while practicing physical distancing guidelines. We will have every other row marked off to help make it clear where individuals and families should sit. We also want to encourage parents to help their children maintain proper distance between them and their friends.
- Based on CDC and State guidelines, face coverings are recommended. We understand that there are many differing and strong opinions regarding the use of face coverings; we want to encourage everyone to walk in love, patience, and grace towards one another as each person makes their decision regarding these types of issues. Someone has kindly purchased and donated masks for those in HSC; they will be available on Sunday morning for those who wish to use them.
- Our goal is to utilize our worship center at no more than 50% capacity. If the need arises, we will open a secondary over-flow area to accommodate more people.
- If you wish to take notes, please print and bring the outline with you as printed copies will not be distributed.
- Giving boxes are available at several entrances/exits and online giving will continue to be encouraged rather than passing offering plates.
- We will have several hand sanitizing stations available for people to use as they enter and exit the facility.
- We will open our doors at approximately 10:15am; the worship service will begin at 10:30am.
- At the close of the service we will dismiss in an orderly way in order to help people exit to the parking lot with minimal contact with others.
- ABFs and Small Groups are encouraged to continue to meet online at this time. We encourage each ABF and Small Group to determine when is the best time for them to meet online.
Regardless of what your beliefs and preferences are concerning Covid-19, quarantine, face coverings, social distancing guidelines, etc. this is a great opportunity for all of us to practice and demonstrate Christ-reflecting, sacrificial love for one another. We want to encourage everyone to think upon and to be governed by these wonderful exhortations that point us to follow and imitate Christ's example:
- "Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though He was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." (Philippians 2:3-8)
- "Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, 'You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,' and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." (Romans 13:8-10)
- "We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For Christ did not please Himself, but as it is written, 'The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.'" (Romans 15:1-3)
The HSC Leadership Team