Additional Advice Regarding Stage 4 Restrictions in Victoria
The Government have advised for all Victorian operators apply a “Common Sense Approach” for the 5-day lock down. The objective is to reduce the amount of people moving around.
The following process should be followed to ensure you are compliant with the Stage 4 Directions.
- Hotel and accommodation providers will be able to stay open to support guests already staying onsite.
- Existing guests can check out during the lock down as long as movement is minimised, and a “common sense” approach is taken.
- No new bookings can be made.
- No permit system in place for essential workers.
- We recommend Accommodation properties to ask the question: “Are you an essential worker? Please advise your role as an essential worker."
Cafes and restaurants will only be able to offer take-way only. This includes in-house dinning.
- To operate your property in Stage 4, you must have a COVID Safe Plan and it must up to date.
You can use the formal document using WorkSafe VIC guidelines or the Accommodation Association COVID Safe Hotel Recovery Guide
Compliance of guests
Each property should ensure that they have undertaken every activity that could be considered responsible to ensure guests in the hotel are there for the appropriate reason. We would encourage each property to have the main contact for each booking complete a guest declaration form stating they are compliant with the current government restrictions.
We will be monitoring developments and reporting further to Members as information becomes available.
Please click here for details of the stage 4 restrictions and full list of restrictions
We will be updating this advice regularly on our COVID-19 Hub.