Yesterday the Victorian Government announced that it will move into the third Step of the Government’s reopening roadmap from this Thursday 17th September. Regional Accommodation will be open in time for the school holidays.
Summary of Key Measures
Permitted to Open, but each group booking is restricted to:
- Members of a single household.
- Only intimate partners
- Members of a single household and a maximum of 5 members of another household part of the nominated ‘household bubble’.
- Only people living in regional Victoria.
- Members of separately booked groups do not share bedrooms at the facility
- Regional Victoria will be permitted to travel within regional Victoria but not to metropolitan Melbourne, unless for work, study, care giving or for necessary goods or services.
People traveling from Melbourne:
Restricted purpose guidelines outlined in the member alert attached and our website apply for people traveling from Melbourne to Regional Victoria.
We have created a step by step guide, for metropolitan Melbourne to assist properties to ensure compliance with the Health Directions.
- Outdoor dining. A cap of 50 seated people spread across “two square metre” density limit.
- Indoor dining. A cap of 20 seated customers, spread across two spaces, with a “four square metre” density limit in place.
- Tables must be spaced 1.5m apart, cleaned after every seating and the details of all customers must be maintained.
The latest Victoria Industry reopening guidelines. (attached)
We are working closely with government on devising a Reopening Roadmap that can ensure our sector reactivates safely and as quickly as possible.