Beginning Thursday, June 25th, the ability to schedule in-person Broker Tours and Public Open Houses will be re-enabled in the Greenwich MLS.
Dates for beginning In-Person Open Houses/Tours:
While this functionality will be made available again via the FlexMLS system, the GAR & GMLS Board of Directors strongly urges members to ALWAYS adhere to the safety recommendations, guidance, and policies from the following sources:
Prior to Conducting In-Person Showings
- Discuss with a seller the precautions that will be taken when showing their property, and adhere to any specific requirements requested by sellers when showing the property.
- Be aware of and comply with fair housing obligations related to COVID-19. See Guidance for Fair Housing Compliance during the COVID-19 Pandemic - Connecticut REALTORS®
- Consider requiring showings by appointment to reduce the number of persons in a property at a given time.
- Consider hosting Broker Tours/Public Open Houses with another agent to better control traffic at the door and inside the property.
- Request both the seller and potential buyers to self-disclose whether they have COVID-19 or exhibit any symptoms. However, note that COVID-19 is also spread by individuals who are asymptomatic.
- Encourage buyers/prospective tenants to narrow their property search through photos, virtual tours, and leveraging other technology to reduce the number of in-person showings.
- For owner or tenant-occupied properties, request that the seller or tenant open all cabinets, closets, window coverings, and to turn on lights before leaving the property.
- For vacant properties, arrive early to open the front door, open all cabinets, closet, window coverings, and to turn on lights.
During In-Person Showings
- Limit the number of individuals inside the premises at one time. State gathering limits permit no more than 25 for indoor private gatherings.
- All individuals are required to wear a mask or other cloth material that covers their mouth and nose at all times during any in-person showings.
- A Listing Broker or Seller may require the use of hand sanitizer, gloves, booties, or other protective equipment, but must provide said equipment if required.
- Adhere to social distancing recommendations. Ensure at least 6 feet of space between persons at all times.
- Avoid shaking hands with clients or other brokers.
- Keep a log of all attendees including contact information.
- Avoid sharing phones, pens, tablets or other personal property during the showing.
- Instruct individuals touring the home to avoid touching any surfaces in the home, such as light switches, cabinets and door handles.
- Instruct individuals not to use bathroom facilities at the property.
- No food or drink shall be provided.
After Showing Property
- Wipe down any surfaces touched during the showing with sanitizing wipes or disinfecting cleaner, as requested by the seller, and suggest the seller also disinfect the property.
- Wipe down keys and lockboxes with sanitizing wipes after use.
- Speak with individuals outside of the property, or in a well-ventilated area while maintaining 6 feet of distance, or arrange to speak by phone or email.
- Send additional documentation or listing information electronically. Do not provide paper documents.
- Use hand sanitizer upon returning to your vehicle.
- Maintain a detailed log of interactions including names, dates, and locations of interactions, as well as a party’s contact information.
Cooperation with these recommendations is vital to ensure the continued safety of our members and the community. Please report any questions or concerns to