Mayor Crombie’s 2022 Holiday Food Drive
The Mississauga Food Bank has seen an almost 60% increase in food bank users from before the pandemic, now serving over 30,000 neighbours in need annually. We need your help to keep up with this alarming increase and ensure our vulnerable neighbours can access healthy and appropriate food across the city.
You can help our neighbours in need by joining Mayor Crombie's 2022 Holiday Food Drive to meet this urgent and pressing need to raise more funds to continue to support the growing demand for food bank services across Mississauga. The food drive runs from November 14 to January 6, 2023.
I am inviting our community to participate in this campaign, if you are able, and give what you can this year. With your support, we can ensure no one in Mississauga goes hungry this holiday season. Here’s how you can support this year’s Holiday Food Drive:
1. Make a financial donation – Help raise money to enable the food bank to purchase fresh food in bulk and provide food for healthy meals to neighbours.
2. Sign up today and create your very own Holiday-themed fundraising page in support of your hungry neighbours. Set your own fundraising goal, share it with your friends, and celebrate in a meaningful way this holiday season.
3. Join Mayor Crombie’s Corporate Challenge – Gather your team and compete against other Mississauga-based companies to raise the most funds and food for neighbours in need!
4. Organize a food drive and collect urgently needed items for The Mississauga Food Bank
5. Join the Holiday Drive-Thru Food Drive – Drop off your donations at The Mississauga Food Bank during this festive event!
6. Donate food at one of the drop-off locations!
7. Spread the word – Share updates with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok or LinkedIn.
8. Check out volunteer opportunities!
Thank you for your generosity! For more information about the Mississauga Food Bank and their programs, please visit www.themississaugafoodbank.org.