Dear Dade County Parents and Students,
We are making good use of our time this summer by Planning for Reopening, Updating our Strategic Plan, Cleaning Facilities, Cleaning out Records according to State Guidelines, Accelerating Capital Projects, and Conducting Professional Learning.
Thank you for participating in the
Results can be viewed by clicking here
There were 2061 responses to the survey and over a thousand comments. Needless to say, we all have a lot of thoughts related to reopening schools.
Highlights from the survey:
- Will you send your student back to school on August 7th? 87% YES
- Will your child ride the bus? 19% NO
- Are you interested in a virtual school option? 59% NO
- Are you interested in a hybrid model of 4 days at school and 1 day at home? 54% NO
- How many devices do you have per child at home? 0 = 18%, 1 = 50%, 2 or more = 32%
- Do you have wifi? 89% YES
- What challenges did you face during our time of digital learning? Difficulty of work load = 43%, Communication with Teachers = 29%, Device = 28%
What happens next?
We are planning on reopening school as planned in our
The first Student Day is August 7th.
You can count on us to continue
working closely with the Governor’s Office, Georgia Department of Education, CDC, Dade County Health Department, Georgia Department of Health, NW GA RESA, GHSA, US Department of Ed and you as we further refine our plans.
You may wish to read our guiding document,
Georgia's Path to Recovery for K-12 Schools.
Our local health department tells us we are in the middle column, "Minimal/Moderate Spread." Our biggest challenge during COVID-19 will be bus transportation.
It will not be feasible to expect six foot social distancing in this environment.
We will do everything we can to provide a healthy environment for our students.
In closing, we are working hard and doing the very best we can for your deserving students. I am praying daily that God will bless each of you and keep you healthy and safe. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need us.
With warmest regards,