On Sunday, January 22, CFC Production will be filming at 71 W Monroe Street. During the filming, parking at the following locations will be restricted:
- South side of Monroe Street from Clark to Dearborn
- East side of Clark Street from Monroe to Marble Pl
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Chris Charles (location manager) at 312-952-9327.
Peoples Gas Project: Oak and Rush
Peoples Gas has began working in the intersection of Oak Street and Rush Street. Next week, PGL will be installing a gas main on the east side of Rush Street, from Oak Street to Oak Place.
The project is expected to be completed by the end of February 2023.
Helicopter Lift: 333 West Wolf Point
On Saturday, January 21, from 8am-12pm, there will be a helicopter lift at 333 West Wolf Point Plaza. During the lift, the following will be closed:
- Orleans, from Wacker to Kinzie
- Wolf Point Plaza, from Franklin to Orleans
151 N Michigan:
Power Construction will be installing a tower crane on Beaubien Court for the project at 151 N Michigan Avenue. While the crane is in place, Beaubien Court, from a point 23' north of Randolph Street, to a point 100' north thereof will be closed to vehicular traffic. The crane will be in-place for 8-10 weeks.
The following will be closed throughout the duration of the project:
Sidewalk on the north side of Randolph, from Beaubien Court to Michigan Avenue
- Sidewalk on the east side of Michigan, from Randolph, to a point 100' north thereof
- Beaubien Court, from Randolph to a point 100' north thereof
Pedestrians will be directed to use projected walkways that are placed in the curb lanes on Randolph and Michigan. The project is expected to be completed at the end of 2023.
Temporary Bus Stop Elimination
Until March 2024, the westbound bus stop at Grand and St. Clair will be temporarily removed.
- Stop ID Number: 761
- Route Stopping: #29 – State, #65 – Grand, #120 – Ogilvie/Streeterville Express, #121 – Union/Streeterville Express
Randolph Street Viaduct Repair
The Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) has completed Stage 1 of this project, which consisted of replacing the deck on the northernmost eastbound lane on Randolph, between Columbus to Harbor.
During Stage 2, CDOT will replace the deck of the southernmost eastbound lane on Randolph, from Columbus to Harbor. Sidewalk repairs on the south side of Randolph are also part of Stage 2. Construction is scheduled to resume at the beginning of April 2023.
The concrete barriers are in-place because CDOT needs a physical barrier that separates Stage 1 from Stage 2.
State & Lake Utility Relocations
Utility companies began relocating utilities in advance of the State and Lake CTA project. Train services will not be disrupted during utility relocations.
At least 1 lane of traffic will remain open (1 lane each direction on State St) at all times, but other driving and parking lanes may be closed.
Construction equipment and materials will be stored on the street, including during time periods between active work. Work will primarily occur 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on weekdays and 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Saturdays, but there will be limited work during nights. Utility companies are aware of and required to abide by the Chicago noise ordinance, which limits noisy work during overnight hours.
150 E Ontario Construction
W.E. O'Neil began construction of a 23-story building at 150 East Ontario Street. Work hours will be Monday-Friday, from 9am-5pm (8pm during caisson pours). Some weekend work will occur.
Throughout the project, the following will be closed:
- 150' of sidewalk in front of 150 East Ontario
- 150' of curb lane in front of 150 East Ontario
Pedestrians will be directed to the sidewalk on the south side of the street at Ontario/Michigan and Ontario/St. Clair. The entire project is expected to take 23 months to complete.
Chase Tower Clark Street Tunnel Project
In mid-July, Berglund Construction began repairs on the Chase Tower Clark Street tunnel at 23 S. Clark Street. The project scope consists of repairing Chase’s below-grade tunnel structures that cross below Clark Street at 23 S. Clark St, and will require excavation of Clark Street in that area to access the tunnel structures to perform repairs.
There will be one lane of southbound traffic open at all times. Berglund will have flaggers and barricades in-place throughout the project.
The project will last 26 months. Berglund would like to begin mid-June. Work hours will be Monday-Friday, from 8am-5pm.
535 N. St. Clair Street Project
Demolition of 535 N St. Clair is completed. LendLease has mobilized for construction and they have began pouring caissons. Throughout the project, there will be a protected pedestrian canopy on the north side of Grand, from St. Clair to a point 100' east thereof. The entire project is expected to be completed at the beginning of 2024.
Cassidy Tire Construction
Construction of the 33-story mixed-use building is underway. Throughout construction, McHugh Constriction will occupy the curb lane on the west side of Canal along 344/350 N. Canal Street's property line. The construction company has leased the area north of the building from the railroad to use as a staging area. Additionally, they will use the parking lot south of the building as a staging area too.
As a reminder, this project is contributing to numerous public benefits. Click here for a list of public benefits, and stay tuned to Reilly Reports for future updates on this project and the implementation of these public benefits. All work is expected to take 24 months to complete (weather dependent).
311 W Huron Project
In June, ARCO Murray began construction of a new building at 311 W. Huron Street. Work hours will be Monday-Friday, from 9am-5pm (8pm during caisson pours). Throughout the project, the following City right-of-way will be occupied:
- Sidewalk/curb lane on the south side of Huron, from Franklin west to the end of 311 W Huron's property line - approximately 150'. The sidewalk will be used to store their concrete pump, dumpster, and hoist dock. Trucks will back into the site at this location too. Jersey barriers will be placed in the curb lane to create a protected pedestrian path.
- 3' of the sidewalk on the west side of Franklin, from Huron to the first alley south thereof. This leaves 6' of clearance. They will need to push the fence out a few feet during excavation.
- 150' of the east/west alley bounded by Huron, Franklin, Erie, and Orleans will be closed. The closure is from Franklin to a point 150' west thereof.
The project is expected to be completed in September 2023 (weather dependent).
214 West Erie Street Renovations
On Monday, December 13, Crane Construction began renovations of 214 West Erie Street. During construction, the following will be closed:
- Sidewalk/curb lane in front of 214 West Erie Street. The curb lane will be used as a pedestrian walkway. Crane Construction will place jersey barriers and ramps in the curb lane to protect pedestrians and provide wheelchair access.
- Close 100' of the north/south alley adjacent to 214 W Erie Street. This is a T alley and residents of 222 W Erie will still be able to access their parking garage from the alley entrance on Franklin and Huron.
This project is expected to be completed in early 2023 (weather dependent).
LG Construction: 751 N. Hudson and 451 W Chicago
LG Construction continues work on 751 N. Hudson Avenue and 451 W. Chicago Avenue, which are adjacent parcels. Work hours will be 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
Throughout the project, the following will be closed:
- Sidewalk/curb lane/traffic lane of the east side of Hudson, from Chicago to the first alley south thereof
- Sidewalk/curb lane/traffic lane on the west side of Sedgwick, from Chicago to the first alley south thereof
- Sidewalk/curb lane on the south side of Chicago, from Hudson to Sedgwick
There will be a protected pedestrian walkway in the curb lane on the south side of Chicago Avenue, from Hudson Avenue to Sedgwick Street.
This project is expected to take 18 months to complete (weather dependent).
354 North Union Construction
The Onni Group is constructing a 33-story residential building with 373 units. Work hours will be 8am-8pm, daily.
Parking will be prohibited on North Union, from West Kinzie to the cul-de-sac west thereof throughout the project. All construction equipment and vehicles will be staged on the Onni Group’s property. This project will take approximately two years to complete.
Dearborn Street Bridge Project
CDOT began emergency work on the Dearborn Bridge in June 2022. They will be conducting the following work:
- Replacing both sidewalks
- Replacing all of the bridge gratings
- Replacing the beam structures
Due to supply chain issues, the project is expected to be completed in April 2023 (weather dependent).
The bridge will be reduced to one lane of traffic/sidewalk at a time. Bike traffic will be detoured to Clark Street via the north side of Upper Wacker Drive.