Dear Appletree Quilting Friends,
On Monday, April 27, Governor Parson’s called for a phased reopening of our state. Almost immediately online local news posts and social media were flooded with individuals sharing their opinions on whether businesses should or should not reopen. I am mindful of what is important to our community and our store as I struggle to make decisions.
For a small business, the decision on when to reopen after COVID-19 is a complex one. It's not only about the obvious concerns, it's also about employees who are like family to me. It's about their ability to feed their families and pay their bills. It's about the health of my family, my staff, my customers, and my community.
Soon after the directive to close was enforced, I began planning my reopening strategy. Some may disagree and some may be thrilled with my plan, but it is what makes the most sense to me at this time. I will closely monitor events and adjust our policy as I consider what is best for all of us.
Appletree Quilting Center will
reopen on Monday, May 4, under regular business hours
. We will continue to thoroughly clean and sanitize. We understand that some of you will not feel comfortable venturing out to shop and some of you will fall into the vulnerable category and be unable to do so. To provide service to you, we will continue to offer local online shopping and/or phone orders with curbside delivery.
Phase I Guidelines
- Customers will be asked to use hand sanitizer as they enter the store.
- Appletree will limit in-store shopping to 20 customers at a time, (that sounds like a lot, but we have a big store. Wait until you see the new classroom).
- We strongly encourage the use of face masks for both staff and customers.
- Appletree staff will respect the 6' social distance directive with each customer and ask that you do the same for the staff.
- Blue tape will mark off 6' distance from register and cutting counter to help customers with distancing.
- And while we absolutely cannot wait until we can all be together again, Appletree will not host any open sew events or classes until it is safe to do so. We plan on having club meetings, but with a modified seating arrangement. There will be information about clubs coming soon.
Please, if you travel out of state or are in high risk situations and have not been isolated for 14 days before venturing out, please don't come in.
If you have a cold or don't feel well, please don't come in. Let's all practice safe re-entry measures.
The safety of all of us is so important to me. Thank you for your understanding as we navigate the new normal.
Eric & Amy