Since issuing our Public Health Plan for the 2020 Summit earlier this week, CCYP has continued to closely monitor the rapidly changing circumstances and review guidance from public health officials regarding public gatherings and special events. As an organization that thrives on the concept of bringing people together, we are acutely aware of the responsibility we hold to proactively respond to recent calls for increased social distancing and want to do everything in our power to keep our friends, colleagues, and their families healthy and safe. This is why we have made the difficult decision to cancel, reschedule, or hold remote gatherings for upcoming CCYP meetings and events,
through April 15
. Please see below of a summary of changes to our program and event calendar, effective immediately:
- CCYP business operations will continue via our already-in-place remote work procedures.
- March and April Board and Committee meetings, staff meetings, and other small in-person gatherings will all be moved to remote calls.
- March 19 – CCYP in Falmouth Monthly Meetup is cancelled. These third Thursday monthly meetups will resume on April 16, pending further developments.
- March 19 and 26 – Slush Month events at The Pheasant and Ten Pin are pending. We are currently working with these venues to determine alternatives, such as takeout or alternate dates. We will share more information through our communication channels as we have it.
- April 9 – The 5th Annual Shape Your Cape Summit is cancelled. We are so disappointed to not be able to move forward with our exciting 5th Annual Summit event, but feel this decision is in everyone's best interest at this time. Note that we are still evaluating opportunities with the Summit for remote workshops or other alternatives for the fantastic speakers we had planned, and will release any updates as we have them via our email list and social media channels. In the meantime, due to the extenuating circumstances, we are adjusting our refund policy and full refunds will be offered to registered attendees, sponsors, and exhibitors upon request. We are also happy to discuss custom arrangements with sponsors and exhibitors to apply their support to future events/programs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
We wish everyone the best as we weather this unprecedented storm together. Stay healthy, and we look forward to connecting with you again soon!