March 27, 2020
Dear Valued Manufactured Home Community Residents
We understand this unprecedented situation has caused not only disruption to our daily lives, but also has raised many questions. We are continuing to do our best to navigate these uncertain times while ensuring we continue to follow appropriate measures to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus. This letter will set forth our continued measures and answer questions we have received from residents. Again, we will continue to evaluate and modify or extend these protective measures as necessary:
1. We will continue to follow each state Governor’s directives including “stay at home” orders and we ask that you do the same. As of the date of this letter, the State of Illinois, the State of Michigan and the State of Indiana have “stay at home” orders in effect. Please see links below to read each respective order:
We also will continue to follow all CDC recommended guidelines including, but not limited to, social distancing, washing hands more frequently and cleaning frequent touch points on a regular basis.
2. We will continue to have all our offices physically closed to the public through April 30, 2020. We are requiring residents to contact the office via phone and/or email. We will have limited staff at the office for limited hours, but offices will not be open for interaction with others. Most of our staff will be working remotely and available to handle phone calls and emails during normal business hours. We will also have staff on call for emergencies. Again, please do not plan to visit the office for any reason, but feel free to contact us by phone or email.
3. All our clubhouses and indoor facilities will be closed through April 30, 2020.
4. All scheduled events have been cancelled or postponed through April 30, 2020.
5. We will continue to follow all federal, state and local orders and/or mandates. Please note we understand certain states and municipalities have placed moratoriums on evictions which we will follow. However, this does not mean rent is not owed for April or subsequent months. We will postpone imposition of late fees for April rent until April 15, 2020 in order to allow for federal stimulus package payments to arrive to those residents (and their children) who qualify. Again, there is not a moratorium on rent and it is due and payable on the first of each month. You can pay rent online, mail check or utilize the drop box (if your community has one). For instructions on how to sign up for online payments, please visit our website (
) under the Resident Services section. RENT IS DUE ON APRIL 1.
6. If you are in the process of selling your home, new residents must still go through our application process. We have now uploaded our application to our website (
) so that it may be printed at home. The application needs to be printed, completed and then either scanned and emailed back to us or mailed to us.
7. Residents must also adhere to all local, state, federal and CDC guidelines. Please do not get within 6 feet of any other person including fellow residents, contractors, vendors or our employees if they are on the property. We have instructed our employees and contractors to do the same and we need your assistance in following these guidelines.
8. Please note we are receiving notices from certain trash providers regarding their services. If your property’s trash provider changes service, we will contact you.
If anything changes, we will communicate appropriately. Please note we are continuing to utilize email and voice messages for communication. Thank you for your continued understanding and support.