Message from Amanda Kelkenberg, CEO
With guidance from Governor DeSantis, the Florida Office of Early Learning and the Florida Department of Education just announced major provisions and guidance to assist School Readiness and VPK programs and families during this critical time. While additional details will follow, we wanted to make sure you were aware of this new information. We are awaiting additional updates and will share those with you as they are provided to us.
- Individual child care programs can decide whether to stay open or to close, but WILL BE REIMBURSED either way.
- All SR and VPK providers who decide to remain open should adhere with CDC recommendation to keep classroom size down to 10 or fewer individuals, including staff.
- All programs that remain open should follow strict guidelines on cleanliness and sanitation protocols for staff, children, families, and the environment.
- OEL is working on provisions regarding rules on eligibility, redetermination (and documentation), parent fees, parent balances, etc.
- OEL is working on provisions related to School Readiness and VPK Assessments.
Please continue to look for additional important information from the ELC of Osceola County regarding the above items and more. The Coalition will continue to do whatever we can to support our early learning providers during this time, including supports for programs who are ready to meet the needs of children and families and stay open. We will be reaching out individually in the coming days to better understand how to assist you. If you have any questions or need support, please do not hesitate to contact us at 407-903-5353.
Chief Executive Officer
Early Learning Coalition of Osceola County
1631 E Vine Street, Suite E
Kissimmee, FL 34744
Tel: 407.933.5353 Fax: 407.933.5012