Dear Levine Families,
I want to thank you all (over 360 participants) for attending this week's Town Hall zoom sessions. Your participation and feedback are vital to the success of our school.
I also want to thank our families and our staff members for their support throughout this summer. Many thanks as well to my administrative team, Task Force committees, and Board who have helped us continuously process the voluminous guidelines and ever-evolving information so that Levine can re-open with a strong and viable community.
Below you will find our plan to move Levine forward:
Levine will also seek to obtain sanction -- and only if it is safe and feasible to do so -- to start in-person instruction, gradually (one or two grades at a time) for the younger elementary grades, K thru 3rd
grade, on dates earlier than September 8. We will communicate those decisions to you promptly if conditions permit.
We value your feedback from the parent survey in June, allowing us to provide an even more robust Virtual Learning Platform this Fall.
The Enhanced K8 "Virtual" Experience
What Distance Learning Will Look Like for K8 from August 17 -- September 4 (and in the event of any school-wide closure):
- Foundations, routines, protocols, and practicing with learning tools during first week.
- Daily learning with child's assigned teachers.
- All core subjects taught every day.
- Distance learning launched straight from Levine's classrooms.
- Teacher "mini-tutorials" by request and teacher "office hours" for parents each week.
- Weekly one-to-one check in times with teachers.
- Small groups and break-out sessions utilized with frequency.
- Virtual Tefilah services by grade and section as per Levine regular schedule.
- Books, workbooks, materials, and supplies available for pick-up week of Aug 17.
What the K8 Distance Learning Option Will Look Like Beginning September 8:
- All core classes taught daily and live by Levine faculty members.
- Curriculum will run in concordance with in-person school instruction.
- Distance learning schedules will be consistent and classes will run Monday thru Friday.
- Daily instruction will be designed specifically for at-home learning.
- Student assignments and activities will be posted on Schoology.
- Daily opportunity for live interchange between student and teacher for all courses
- Weekly one-to-one and small group check-ins for students to connect with Levine teachers.
- Students that have been receiving learning support will continue to receive learning support from our learning specialist.
- Students will have access to digital programs.
- Students will receive ongoing subject related assessments to evaluate mastery of content and skills.
- Books, workbooks, materials, and supplies will be provided for distance learning.
The Enhanced EC "Virtual" Experience
What the EC Distance Learning Option Will Look Like Beginning August 24:
- Daily Tadpole's reports.
- Involvement in all Back-to-School activities.
- Designated spot & cubbie in the classroom for when ready to return.
- Connected always with school family for special occasions and services.
- Curriculum and lessons will align with in-person school instruction.
- Lesson goals and skills to be delivered each week to parents.
- Teacher weekly check-ins with each student.
- Hard-copy learning kits to be sent home weekly.
- Pre-recorded videos of specialists.
- Virtual connections between classroom students and at-home students to build community, (birthdays, Shabbats).
- Judaica, traditions, Shabbat incorporated into virtual experiences each week.
- Opportunity at any time to transition seamlessly back into the classroom.
IMPORTANT: EC Family Required Questionnaire
(An additional questionnaire for K8 will be released in a few weeks.)
In order for our Early Childhood teachers to best coordinate staffing assignments and finalize student sections, we are asking all EC families to fill out the following questionnaire regarding intentions beginning August 17. We are asking to have your full participation on these questionnaires by Monday, July 27.
e will issue updates to our COVID-19 FAQs webpage and our "Securing our Safety / Maintaining our Mission: School Re-Opening" Visual Presentation. Please be on the look-out next Friday for our next Levine Readiness Report.
Thank you again for your partnership, your patience, and your understanding -- and please continue to make safe choices for your children and for all of us in the Levine community.
Tom Elieff, Head of School