Class of 2020 Parents/Guardians:
The following email was sent to your daughters in regard to upcoming senior events.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we continuously work to evaluate and plan. Stay connected to your email for updates and visit the
Class of 2020 web page here
Dear Class of 2020,
We know there are some concerns over what the future holds for senior events. We assure you that as we move closer to these dates, we will be working with the administration to ensure your safety and health while also considering how to make your senior year special.
Given that, as of right now there are no changes to any of these events. However, as the situation is fluid, we will communicate with you about these events as need be.
For now, please be aware of the following information, which will also be communicated to your parents and posted on both the class of 2020 Schoology page and the senior webpage. If any information changes, we will be sure to communicate it to you.
- All end of the year forms are due April 7, 2020 on Schoology. This includes the following:
- All Night Party Permission slip
- Joe Dumars Permission slip
- Joe Dumars Medical Form
- End of the Year Promise
- DVD order form can now be submitted online to Schoology or given to Mrs. Schultheis in S-9 upon return to school. No form will be honored unless $25 has been submitted.
- Graduation dresses still must be approved by Dr. Kreger. Please send any photos of dresses to Mrs. Wojcik at email@example.com for submission.
- Prom is May 13, 2020, at the RoosterTail. Doors open at 7 p.m. and you must be there by 7:45 p.m. You may leave at 11 p.m.—no earlier. All table forms will be emailed and returned—in person—to Mrs. Polan by Wednesday, May 6, 2020. Ticket sales will be April 22 - May 1 online.
- Baccalaureate Mass will be Thursday, May 21, 2020, at 6 p.m. Please arrive by 5:45 for the Mass. The rose processional and refreshments will follow. All are welcome as this is the last Mass for your class and the last time you will wear your cap and gown.
- MANDATORY Graduation Practice: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, at 10 am at the Detroit Opera House.
- Park in the Opera House parking structure and take a ticket if instructed to do so. Mercy pays for your parking on this day ONLY!
- Bring your white shoes to practice in and dress appropriately. It tends to be cold in the Opera House.
- Graduation will be Sunday, May 31 at 2 p.m. at the Opera House. Students must be there by 1 p.m. Doors open for guests at 1:30 p.m. and seats are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Senior All-Night Party will be Sunday, May 31, 2020, at Joe Dumars Fieldhouse. Mercy doors will open at 10:15 p.m. and buses will leave around 10:45 p.m. Students will return to Mercy around 5 a.m.
We understand there are a variety of questions and concerns surrounding these events, but we assure you that all information will be communicated in an efficient and timely manner. We are committed to assisting in making your senior year a memorable year.
Your Senior Moderators - Mrs. Polan and Mrs. Schultheis