We’ve received requests to repeat some of the information we provided in earlier COVID-19 Updates. In this Update we will provide new and repeat information. Admittedly, each day seems like a week and each week seems like a month. And what was relevant one month ago, one week ago, yesterday, is changing before we can update the information. We will continue to do our best.
As we noted in previous
, the SFDS team is working remotely and we are 100 percent operational. During this time, we have compiled a number of useful links to
City & County of San Francisco
for resources and updates. We encourage you to check these frequently. New and repeating information today:
SF MANDATORY ESSENTIAL BUSINESS & SOCIAL DISTANCING PROTOCOLS
San Francisco issued new protocols for all essential businesses effective April 2, 2020. For those dentists taking dental emergencies with select team members in the office, you will need to:
TAX RELIEF-FINANCIAL RESOURCES
We encourage members to follow the
IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief
page and the
SBA Coronavirus Loan Resources
page, as well as consult with your tax professional or financial advisor.
- SBA Page (NEW – updated information on EIDL Loans – loan forgiveness is based on $1000 per employee to a maximum of $10,000)
- SBA Lender Locator Tool - Trying to find a lender for SBA loans/PPP loan? This tool helps members find a lender closest to them.
- NEW ADA’S SBA RESOURCE CENTER Small Business Administration Loan information and resources for dentists- Understanding the Options for Dentist Owners
- Eide Bailly has developed a Small Business Administration Loan Application Document Checklist to assist dentists with gathering the necessary filing documentation. Click here to download the checklist.
- The California Franchise Tax Board has extended state tax filing and payment deadlines until July 15. Federal taxes also don’t have to be filed until July 15.
- Deferral of SF Business Taxes and Licensing Fees – SF is deferring payment of quarterly business taxes due April 30, 2020 until February 2021 with no interest or penalties and deferring annual small business and permit fees that make up the Unified License Bill for 3 months.
- NEW: We have learned that the SF Microbusiness grants administered through OEWD are not being made available to dental offices. This is an example of “evolving” information.
- EIDEBailly Informative weekly podcasts for dental practices, hosted by Art Wiederman, Dental CPA.
HOW TO PROPERLY PUT ON AND TAKE OFF A DISPOSABLE RESPIRATOR
CHECKLIST FOR CLOSING YOUR OFFICE DURING SIP
Since your offices should be closed, with the exception of seeing emergency patients, here is a handy
office closure checklist
of things you should be doing before leaving the office - to make sure it is appropriately cleaned, sterilized and to safeguard your equipment during the Shelter in Place. Thanks to our friends at Henry Schein.
SFDS MEETINGS AND EVENTS
SFDS has cancelled all in-person meetings and events through May 15. We will reassess future meetings and events accordingly and we are contacting registrants regarding refunds or applying their fees to future classes/events.
- SFDS has alternatives to in-person CE meetings for members – active members can access various on-line educational opportunities including the Free SFDS Viva-online We will continue to explore additional virtual meeting and educational options. VIVA Online now offering SFDS members the California Infection Control Course and California Dental Practice Act. Remember, this is free for SFDS active members. Check them out.
- Have dental team members that need the courses? For $25 per team member (a $50 discount off the $75 a year subscription), your team members can complete their license renewal obligations, too. To sign up your RDA's and RDH's, click here, fill out the registration, and pay the subscription fee. Once we receive the registration, we will issue login credentials by email.
- In addition, check out CDA’s and ADA’s online learning platforms. We want members to be aware of all the choices and options available to them. CDA and the ADA continue to provide a host of resources, webinars and updates for members. We are posting the links on our website and encouraging members to periodically check these updates/resources. Find updated CDA resources at cda.org/covid19 and ADA updated resources at ADA Corona Virus Center for Dentists
We continue to receive calls about when practices will be able to open and what restrictions will apply. Both the ADA and CDA have formed work-groups to develop tools and options to help members prepare to return to dentistry.
Additionally, CDA formed two work groups, a
Clinical Care Work-Group
looking at the clinical aspects and requirements that will be needed in California and an
Economic Relief Work-Group
. More information will be forthcoming from both organizations and their work-groups.
UPCOMING ADA WEBINARS
- NEW: Thursday, April 16 at 1 p.m. CT: Building Resilience in Times of Anxiety and Uncertainty. Register for Thursday’s webinar.
- NEW: Thursday, May 7 at 12 p.m. CT: Radiographs – What to Consider When Coding Diagnostic Imaging. Register for May 7 webinar
- NEW: Missed an ADA Webinar? Several of ADA’s most popular webinars are now available to view On-Demand on the ADA COVID-19 Resources Page (Rachel, please link) Digital events are available at the bottom of the page. You’ll also find Practice Management Resources and Safety and Clinical guidance here!
ADA OFFERS FREE E-BOOKS
As part of its ongoing efforts to support dentists during the COVID-19 pandemic, the ADA is offering members two free e-books a week.
For April 15-21
, ADA is providing access to "ADA Guidelines for Practice Success Managing the Dental Team" and "Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office" (includes 4 streaming videos and 3 CEs).
To access the free e-books, visit the e-bookshelf at
and log in with your username and password.
CDA COVID-19 WEBINAR SERIES
CDA will offer information and resources twice a week, typically
Tuesday and Friday mornings at 10 am
, depending on speaker availability. Registration is limited to the first 3,000 people. A recording will be available for later viewing
ADDITIONAL EIDE BAILLY UPCOMING FREE WEBINARS
Thursday, April 16, 2020 12-1:30 p.m. CDT (10 AM Pacific)
April 17, 2020
April 21, 2020
April 28, 2020