OUTDOOR VISITATION STATUS
We are very please to announce that we received this morning the results from our 3rd all facility baseline testing.
All our staff and residents came back NEGATIVE (Thanks God).
Due to this positive outcome we decided to start allowing outdoor visitation.
We are are very happy to announce that starting Monday the week of June 15, 2020, we will start arranging for outdoor visitation of your loved ones at our communities.
As per DPH, As much as possible, still, long-term care facilities should continue to use alternative electronic methods for
communication between residents and visitors, such as Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp or Google Duo.
The outdoor visits will be a slow process to ensure the safety of our residents and staff. We are keeping the right to still delay or hold visitation with residents that might not be able to maintain social distance or rush to touch visitors. It will be up to the facility management to allow such visitation.
Enclosed please find the proposed plan:
We will allow in-person visitation in a designated outdoor visitation space, (Dodge Park at front courtyard - entrance from the building front walkway and at the Oasis at Dodge Park at main backyard - entrance to be from the side of the building) provided that all conditions of the visits are met:
- We will provide staff member trained in patient safety and infection control that will remain with the resident at all times during the visit.
- Visitors must be limited to no more than two individuals. A visitor must remain at least 6 feet from the resident and attending staff member(s) at all times during the visit.
- No physical contact between visitors and resident (No hugging, holding hands , etc) is allowed!!!
- Visitors can not bring any food or general items including flowers, chocolate, etc to the visit
- Staff and residents must wear a surgical face mask.
- Visitors must wear a face mask as well for the duration of the visit, and cover both the mouth and the nose(Facility can provide a mask if needed).
- Upon enter the courtyard visitors must apply hand sanitizer
- Visitors must arrived on time for their visit slot.
- Visitor must answer screening questions and allow temperature to be taken.
- All visitation will be limited to 15 minutes to allow proper infection control and transport of residents between visits.
- The staff attending the visit can not provide any clinical information. The visit is for you to enjoy your loved one. With any question regarding medical condition or care, please call the nurses station.
- All future visits must arrange via email. Follow up visits can not schedule during the physical visit with your loved one.
We all adapting to this new routine and will try to make the process as smooth as possible.
Visits with a resident in a designated outdoor space must be scheduled in advance and are dependent on permissible weather conditions, availability of outdoor space, and sufficient staffing at the facility to meet resident care needs, and the health and well-being of the resident.
Should a visit is cancelled due to extreme weather (heat, rain, etc), we will do our best to re-book you for the next open slot.
Visits can be arrange from Monday to Friday at 10am, 11am, 1pm and 2pm. No weekend visitations are available.
We will limit the number of times during a day or week a resident may be visited. At the next couple of weeks, our goal is to allow each family member to visit at least once every other week base on time slots and availability.
Micha Shalev will coordinate the visits in Oasis facility. Please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org and
Erin Lemoine , (the activity director) will coordinate the visits at the Dodge Park facility.
Her email is email@example.com.
When you email to set up your visit please indicate:
1) resident name,
2)date you wish to visit,
3)the name of 2 guests visiting with their phone numbers and email address.
We will need all this information for monitoring and tracing information.
We know you all eager to visit your loved one. In order to ensure proper process, we ask for everyone to follow the above steps.
Micha Shalev and Ben Herlinger