METRO CHRISTIAN ACADEMY SPORTS CAMPS 2020
Welcome, parents and athletes! Metro is excited and ready to begin our summer sports camps and activities.
We acknowledge that there are still questions and even differences of opinion pertaining to protocols and procedures regarding COVID-19 and managing moving forward. Below please read what Metro has published in our efforts to prepare our facilities and equipment for summer use. Metro respects you as the authority over your family, and we want the decision to participate in our sports camps to be your choice. Phase 3 of our state’s reopening guidelines gives us the ability to begin offering athletic camps, but we completely understand that you and your family make the final decision on when and how that happens for you. The athletic department truly wants you to feel comfortable and begin to transition forward when you are ready.
METRO PREPAREDNESS EFFORTS
Metro is currently, and has been since March 2020, following best practices regarding preparing for this return to campus for all summer programming.
to see “Metro Preparedness”. Additionally, the athletic department is including the following measures specific to Metro sports camps.
SPORTS CAMPS ADDITIONAL PROTOCOLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- The locker rooms will be closed and not accessible to any athletes. One entry and one exit will be identified for athletes coming to and leaving each session.
- Only one set of designated bathrooms will be accessible for athletes use.
- All athletes must bring their own water bottles and sufficient water to last for the entire camp session.
- All athletes will remain in their vehicles until summoned by the coaching staff to the designated entrance.
- Masks are allowable, but not required due to the nature of the athletic activity.
- Any camp-required equipment will be sanitized based upon use.
- Any personal equipment brought to camp may not be shared with other athletes and will also be sanitized based upon use.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to maintain social distancing and will be relative to the activities’ requirements.
HEALTH SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE AND TEMPERATURE CHECKS
Please review the following questions. If your answer is yes to any of the questions, or if your temperature is 100.4 or higher, please do not come to camp.
- Are you experiencing any coughs, fever (100.4 or higher), or shortness of breath
- Have you traveled out of the state to New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Louisiana, California, or Washington in the last 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 without personal protective equipment in the last 14 days?
Please self-monitor and self-check all the above each day. Your temperature will also be checked by school personnel before entering the facility.