158,654 lbs. of Household Hazardous Waste were collected from Grand Traverse County Residents in 2018!
Thursday, May 9 - 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Thursday, June 20 - 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Thursday, August 8 - 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Saturday, September 28th - 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
***Appointments will not be accepted until approximately one month before each event.***
- Appointments are required for all HHW events and can be made by:
- Or, if internet access is not an option, please call the RecycleSmart hotline at 231-941-5555
NON-RESIDENTS (businesses, organizations, schools, etc.)
- Download the 2018 VSQG Registration and Certification form.
- Download the 2018 VSQG Hazardous Materials Inventory Worksheet.
- Appointments are required. Call the RecycleSmart Hotline at 231-941-5555 to register for an HHW event. (VSQGs are NOT allowed to make an online appointment).
- Not sure if you are a Very Small Quantity Generator (VSQG)? Review the State of Michigan guidelines here.
What Can I Bring to a Household Hazardous Waste Event? Click here.